Author Topic: New to board, lurked for a while  (Read 2330 times)

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
Hi, 34 years old, 6'1", 198 lbs, always worked out with weights, used to be very muscular, now I do more cardio and lighter weights or pushups etc.  Had this bloody gyno since 13, always hated it, ALWAYS conscience of it, and have missed the pool parties etc - one thread I read about playing sports in highschool with shirts and skins really put me 'back' to that very moment when I realized I was deemed a 'skin'...brutal.  I have my surgery booked for middle of October, and I can't wait.  My breasts are half fat and half gland according to Dr. Lista in Mississauga, and I am a 'good' candidate for the surgery according to him as I am in relatively good shape (still have some lower gut and love handles unfortunately).  I've known for almost all of the years I've had it that it was classified as gyne - my dad had his corrected when he was 16, and my other brothers have it too.   Great board and if I ever think of it sometime soon I'll post some pics.  

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
welcome out of the shadows  :)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I too come from a family where it is seemingly universal.

The difference is that I am the oldest living member of a very large family.

You say your Dad had surgery when he was 16. Judging from your age, that would have been long before the indtroduction of Liposuction. What do you know about his surgery?  The present methods which combine liposuction and excision have only been around for about 20 years.
Grandpa Dan

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
I don't talk to my dad anymore otherwise I'd ask him, but I do recall he has the telltale scars around his nipples.  If I had to guess, it appears maybe he had his glands removed, but no lipo, because if memory is correct, the nipple area seemed to be flat, but he had some fat still in the chest area.  

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Had this bloody gyno since 13, always hated it, ALWAYS conscience of it, and have missed the pool parties etc - one thread I read about playing sports in highschool with shirts and skins really put me 'back' to that very moment when I realized I was deemed a 'skin'...brutal.

Terrifying would be a better description!  ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Sorry that your relationship with your Dad is not good.

The degree of scars may be an indicator of the time when he had the surgery. Scars are much less these days.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Are you going to have him work on that gut too?

They removed my moobs but left my gut?  ;D

My dad had it too. Never had it treated.  Looking back, it's understandable why he would wear the same types of button up shirts all the tiime. How sad.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
Ya my brother snickered when I told him I was getting this done, but I think he will follow suit knowing him.  The lower gut and handles have been 'easily' trimmed before by countless hours of running...I'll save some money doing that part the old fashioned way!  The ti ts gotta go though!!!

drr

Many thanks for your frankness. I just stumbled on this site, and have really found some support, your posting one.
I've been with this about 37 years and will probably act relatively soon.
Thanks again.
Randy

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024