Author Topic: Dr. Jacobs or Dr. Bermant Please Answer This Question!!!  (Read 2651 times)

Offline dayeh33

• Posting Member
Well i am 3 weeks post-op and my chest looks great so far. My doctor did liposuction and gland removal with incisions under both my nipples. Now in my pre-op visit i told the doctor to go heavy with the liposuction on my armpit areas to remove those annoying blobs of fat between both my armpits and upper chest/lateral chest in the process. Now 3 weeks post-op my left blob of fat looks a lot smaller and am happy with it, but my right side looks like it was never touched. Can it be swelling or did he just not go at that area hard enough? If its not swelling, is there another procedure that can be done to get rid of those blobs of fat?

PS: I am wearing a compression vest and plan on wearing it for the 6 wees i was told to wear it.

DrBermant

Well i am 3 weeks post-op and my chest looks great so far. My doctor did liposuction and gland removal with incisions under both my nipples. Now in my pre-op visit i told the doctor to go heavy with the liposuction on my armpit areas to remove those annoying blobs of fat between both my armpits and upper chest/lateral chest in the process. Now 3 weeks post-op my left blob of fat looks a lot smaller and am happy with it, but my right side looks like it was never touched. Can it be swelling or did he just not go at that area hard enough? If its not swelling, is there another procedure that can be done to get rid of those blobs of fat?

PS: I am wearing a compression vest and plan on wearing it for the 6 wees i was told to wear it.

3 week can be very early after surgery with some techniques.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.

Underarm fat can be a localized issue or part of a global fat problem.  Plastic Surgery is not an alternative to weight loss for global fat problems. 

How Soon Do You See Results After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on many factors, we tend to see instant results for my patients.  However, I prefer to optimize Healing After My Male Chest Surgery such that early results are possible.

After Surgery Compression Garments have limitations especially under the arms.  Pull the garment up too high, and the arm gets irritated.  If the compression does not cover the sculpted region, then the garment is not effective to keep swelling down.  Options depend on many factors.  These are issues best explored with your doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Can't say whether the surgeon worked on the area or not -- I wasn't there to watch!!

But let's say he did work equally on both sides.  Perhaps the most common problem is that lipo in the area you describe is usually accompanied by rather large swelling.  Best way to combat swelling is with a compression garment.  But it is difficult to get a garment to cover those areas.

Recommend you experiment with different garments and try to find one that really covers the areas that you are concerned about -- with lots of pressure.

I will bet it goes down in a few days and both sides will look similar.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024