Author Topic: *MASSAGE*  of scar tissue (post-oppers) --- ?  (Read 2612 times)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I am 5 weeks post-op and have just begun my massage program. I probably left it too late, as I have left a sudden widespread development of very hard, tender and painful scar tissue lumps remind me to begin the process , rather than starting it earlier, so perhaps I missed the opportunity to prevent so much scar tissue building up in the 1st place.

My main question is: Can my massage for the day consist of just massaging the nipple area over the top of my compression vest (that Im still wearing) and t-shirt , while Im lying in bed or just watching tv or whatever? , or do I have to fully take it all off and stand for 5- ten minutes and rub oil or cream into the scars directly as "officially prescribed"?

Either way, I'd still be breaking up the scar tissue anyway right??

ps. more scar tissue questions to follow soon......
... and the saga continues

Offline deskjet444

• Bronze Member
im 5 weeks post op and my ps told me to just massage my scar tissue but he said i didnt need injections. id like to get injections tho just to know my chest will look as good as humanly possible and i do have some scar tissue to lose.
is the PS suppose to give steroid injkections or is it something u pay for. if so how much does it usuallly run. if he doesnt want to give me the injections where else can i go? for now i will start massaging them when i take showers

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

Can my massage for the day consist of just massaging the nipple area over the top of my compression vest (that Im still wearing) and t-shirt , while Im lying in bed or just watching tv or whatever? , or do I have to fully take it all off and stand for 5- ten minutes and rub oil or cream into the scars directly, fingers to bare skin ?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024