Author Topic: Spleen at 3 weeks (long)  (Read 6015 times)

Offline Spleen

Yo,

I had my procedure on Wednesday May 4 with Dr. Gregory DeLange in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.  I consulted with 3 docs to find the right one in my area and DeLange was far and away the best fit.  He has done over 100 gynecomastia corrections in the last year and knew from the get go that glandular excision and lipo would both be needed to address my (mostly) puffy nipples problem.  I also elected to have lipo of the spare tire which I'm very pleased with.  The total for the surgery (gynecomastia correction with excision and lipo, lipo of the stomach and flanks) was $5,000.  Chest only would have been $2000.  Not sure if that would have been excision only or if it would have included lipo too.

I arrived at the office at 11:30 AM and was discharged before 4 PM.  The anesthesiologist used sedation; general anesthesia was not necessary.  I was give 22x percocet for pain post-operatively and a week's worth of Keflex (antibiotic).  The staff was very professional and Dr. DeLange was very personable and easy to have confidence in.  I did a lot of research before electing to have this procedure.  I understoof the risks and had managed my expectations as to what the results might be.  Even though I'm just barely healing, I'm astounded at the difference.  

View from the left

Here you see the right nipple which I always felt was the "bad" side.  The puffy nip was caused by a very small amount of gland, maybe the size of a big grape.  Just a touch of lipo here.

View from the right

Here you can see that the left breast is a bit fuller than the right was, which I think made this nipple slightly less pronounced.  He took a nice chunk of gland from this side which account for the fuller look pre-op.  After surgery this side has experienced a greater loss of sensation than the left, though it's returning rapidly.  The scars under both nipples are pretty firm and the nipples on either side will fold or wrinkle just above the incision site in certain postures.  This is more pronounced on the left than on the right because I think the skin has more contraction to go through.  Having had surgery (appendix) and lacerations in the past I give 6 to 12 months before the scar softens and a more "ordinary" appearance prevails.  Already it's such an improvement I really don't mind waiting.

Front view

It may be hard to tell but the areola are slightly smaller and darker than they were.  Their also slightly more eliptical in shape.  The big difference in this shot is the belly and love handles.  It's subtle but it made a nice change to my proportions.  I decided to do it because I didn't want my gut to look even bigger when my chest shrunk.

Here's a close-up of the nearly invisible scar under the areola.  The whitish crud is just some sunscreen:

WARNING!  GIANT NIPPLE PICTURE!  WARNING! [/size]

All in all it was a good experience.  My wife thinks the change is a big improvement in appearance and proportions even though she never encouraged me to go get cut.  I thought DeLange's fees were great and was really pleased that my $5000 went so far.  I had thought about traveling to one of the docs that get frequent attention here but I think I got an equivalent result without the travel hassles or big price tag.  If you're in the South-East U.S. I think DeLange is a guy worth visiting.  He's 10 minutes from the beach, so make it a vacation!  Here's his website:

http://www.esteticainstitute.com/male_breast_reduction.htm

Spleen out
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 01:12:22 PM by Spleen »

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
Looking great buddy. Especially the side shots!

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
great results, kind of like jonnyboy's.  you can tell he took some fat off the waist too.  

That areola shot is a little scarry.  It jumps out at you if you're not expecting it.  Maybe add a little warning at the top of your post.  

Nobody will ever notice that scar.  The PS did a fantastic job.

Only 3 weeks in.

Congratulations.  :)

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Great results. My nipples have also got darker. Anyone know why that is?
etc.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
looks really great!
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline Spleen

Great results. My nipples have also got darker. Anyone know why that is?

I think it's just the skin contracting.  Before the areola was kinda thin because it was being stretched, or pushed out by the tissue beneath. Without that tissue beneath the areola I think it's contracting and thickening, and getting darker.

JC, check out my new warning.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 01:11:40 PM by Spleen »

Offline hypo

It looks good to me- most importantly I hope you think it looks as good as we do.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
WARNING! GIANT NIPPLE PICTURE! WARNING!  

That's hilarious.    ;D ;D ;D

Again, great results  :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 07:00:36 PM by jc71 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Looking good Dude!

Congrats! ;D

John...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
Hey Spleen,

Lookin good bro.. I just wanted to ask.. those pics are taken 3 weeks post op?? just makin sure... And if so did u have any swelling up or puffy nips... thanks dude

Offline Spleen

Yep, 3 weeks and no puffy nips post surgery.  I wore these thin foam pads over each breast with an ace bandage on top for about 6 days.  That was designed to keep the nipple flat to the chest and keep fluid from buiding up underneath.  So far so good.

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Spleen I thought you said you were going to just live with gyno?
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline Spleen

When'd I say that?  And I did live with it for 20 years.  And now without it for however long I last.

Offline allbah

• Bronze Member
very impressive result. congratulations.
one can never prepare to win a war, but one can prepare not to be defeated.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024