Author Topic: BlarneyStoner's visit to the surgeon  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Hey guys, finally saw the surgeon today. He didn't dismiss me as I suspected; actually he was very understanding. I showed him my results and he said he saw a huge improvement (my father agreed) and I can expect it to get better. He said from both sides they removed about 30-40 GRAMS of breast tissue. Is that a lot? I showed him how I looked in a T-shirt (I had walked in with a button down shirt over one) he agreed that it still looked a little off. We all agreed that I looked better with my shirt off then with a T-Shirt on. He mentioned that he had patients in the past that were treated too "aggresivley" and ended up with inverted nipples. Also, he suggested a visit in September.

All in all I was satisfied with the visit. My surgeon even assured me that he wasn't trying to "cop out" of anything and my father said he seemed like a "straight shooter". I think the reason I didn't notice my improvement was because I had been seeing it everyday from the surgery as opposed to my surgeon and father seeing it once before and once two months after. I now have new hope that my results will further improve.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I'm really glad to see that you're not so down about it anymore.  It is true that someone can barely notice significant changes made to his body over time as he does see it every day.  That's why it's a good idea to keep a photo log of your changes over time.

I hope things continue to improve for you.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 11:15:40 AM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline dasco456

• Posting Member
blarney

did u ask about the skin?  how long it would take to adhere back to your body

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Blarney - what does he want to accomplish at the September appt.

I'm not saying you need it.  I repeat, i'm not saying you need it, but did the word revision come up?

When you going to lifeguard school?

Sounds like you have a cool dad.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
yeah my dad's cool about those things. Life guard school is in less than a week. The word revision did not come up this time.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
but nobody answered my question. is 30-40 grams a lot of gland to remove from both sides (combined)?

Offline SRK

• Bronze Member
  • will BARE
if i had the surgery done for me then i would have definitely answered to ur question.....dunno if 30/40 gms is lot or less
a man walkin with gyno is a man walkin with a heart of steel

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024