Author Topic: grade 3 gyne in left and similar fate in right half of chest; 4 days post op  (Read 2001 times)

Offline hannibal_the_cannibal

Gyne surgery memoir:
After years of confusion, mild pain and cycles of depression I finally got my gyne surgery done. The complete process as far as day 1 is concerned was as smooth as butter. This was mainly because of the doc also I believe the surgery couldn't have been any better than this due to my family and hometown support.
First I was anesthesized at 8 30 am then the doc did all the cutting and liposuction which went for about 2 to 2.5 hours. I don't know whether the dosage was absolutely precise or it was me who subconciously knew when to wake up because I was up just when the staff was transporting me back to ward from OT.

To my horror I started shivering as if being exorcised due to OT's AC and that damn IV set. Blood pressure shot up to 160/100. Doctors started to panic a little mom was petrified, dada n pops wore a look of concern. Then they threw me over on my bed and covered me with a couple of thick blankets. After about  20 minutes I returned back to my normal BP and gained full consciousness. They told me that all went well and that I did good.

Pain killers were administered in the night at around 10 30 pm and my chest once again became numb for about 8 hours.

Day2: I had a good night's sleep but in 3 to 4 installments, at 8 in the morning my chest started burning like my nipples were on fire. I immediately called the RMO and conveyed him my misery he gave me a pain killer shot 2 hours earlier than scheduled along with a look of sympathy and I was fine for the rest of the day. The only sucker was this drain thing which sadly is gonna stay for 3 more days. Really drains are a pain in the ass when it comes to peeing and pooping.

Yipee had my drains removed after 3 days of torture. Although its too early to comment on anything and I am still on pain killers but hell everything appears as if nothing happened at all this week. A little swelling under the compression vest on left and right is 100% fine. It's like I am back in time exactly a week ago from today. Doc said I need to visit him a week after the day of surgery to cut down the stitchings and then I am good to go.

Details: Glandular tissue removed from both left and right. Lipo done only left.
2. Will post pre-op n post-op pics once I see my post chest ;)
3. Relevant details-Age 20, Insurance cover rejected twice paid out of my own pocket. :'( Country-India, City- Nagpur, Plastic Surgeon of best private hospital of ngp, Cost - 50,000 Rs. (Around 850 $ complete).
 PS- drained around 75 ml blood and fluids from left and 50 from right drain.

Also thanks to this forum for supplying info and courage for about an year.
lastly shoot any more questions if you have.

Offline kumarravi

• Posting Member
A few questions:
1.Were you walking around or laid bed ridden post the surgery ? I meant the day of the surgery.
2.Why did the surgery took so long i.e. almost twice the normal duration ? Did the doc reveal anything ?
3.Did you ask the doctor at the consultation stage as to what mode of anesthesia would be administered ? Why didn't the doc opted for the local anesthesia ? I understand one has to go by the doc recommendation but what is your opinion on it ?
Thank you.

Offline hannibal_the_cannibal

A few questions:
1.Were you walking around or laid bed ridden post the surgery ? I meant the day of the surgery.
2.Why did the surgery took so long i.e. almost twice the normal duration ? Did the doc reveal anything ?
3.Did you ask the doctor at the consultation stage as to what mode of anesthesia would be administered ? Why didn't the doc opted for the local anesthesia ? I understand one has to go by the doc recommendation but what is your opinion on it ?
Thank you.

bed ridden, walking from the very next day.
actual operating time would reduce to 1 hour if those regular protocols in ot are eliminated.
mode??? yeah he did tell me general anesthesia using IV in wrist if thats what you are asking, given my age and the surgery being bilateral there's a lot of blood, drains and suction of fat which I may not react well at the time is my guess for general anesthesia.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024