Author Topic: what to talk to doctor about re: gyne  (Read 1920 times)

Offline bubba665

• Posting Member
I have a small case of gyne, I have some fatty tissue and puffy nipples. I don't know if it is glandular or not, I can't feel anything really hard and dense? It is irritating as I am a very active person with a slim and muscular build otherwise. I have had this problem since 16 or so. I had a doctor appointment a little while ago and brought up my concern about possible gynecomastia. He kind of blew it off as if no big deal, but it does bother me. He said there is nothing I could do unless I want to pay alot for surgery. I had assorted bloodwork done, nothing was out of the ordinary. He did test my testosterone levels, and they were in the normal range, but on the low end of the scale.

Basically, I want to know what to do or what to ask the doctor to see what options I really have. I see people advising to see an endycrinologist, is this to test your hormone levels? Should I be checking with a cosmetic surgeon for a consultation for possible lipo or surgery? Also, do the puffy nipples get flat after lipo or surgery to remove glandular tissue or what? What is the reason behind them being puffy and then flattening out?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

DrBermant

I have a small case of gyne, I have some fatty tissue and puffy nipples. I don't know if it is glandular or not, I can't feel anything really hard and dense? It is irritating as I am a very active person with a slim and muscular build otherwise. I have had this problem since 16 or so. I had a doctor appointment a little while ago and brought up my concern about possible gynecomastia. He kind of blew it off as if no big deal, but it does bother me. He said there is nothing I could do unless I want to pay alot for surgery. I had assorted bloodwork done, nothing was out of the ordinary. He did test my testosterone levels, and they were in the normal range, but on the low end of the scale.

Basically, I want to know what to do or what to ask the doctor to see what options I really have. I see people advising to see an endycrinologist, is this to test your hormone levels? Should I be checking with a cosmetic surgeon for a consultation for possible lipo or surgery? Also, do the puffy nipples get flat after lipo or surgery to remove glandular tissue or what? What is the reason behind them being puffy and then flattening out?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

One way to start is to go through each page here, following the arrows to make sure you have read that large introduction to the problem and possible solutions.

There are thin muscles just under the skin of the areola that tend to flatten Puffy Nipples, a vague term that means so many different things to different people.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024