Author Topic: Anyone have link to Self-surgery pics??  (Read 4998 times)

Offline mecca_00

• Bronze Member
Hi, i was just curious to see the pics again (no intent of doing this myself :D). If anybody remembers, it was from a bodybuilding message board several years ago. TIA

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Self surgery....   :o :o :o

Yeah, don't go there dude!

Never saw those pics... would be interesting to have a look see tho...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

DrBermant

Hi, i was just curious to see the pics again (no intent of doing this myself :D). If anybody remembers, it was from a bodybuilding message board several years ago. TIA

I have actually seen patients who had tried self surgery.  The problems they caused by attempting the surgery themselves results in deformities that do not have reasonable surgical solutions.

A doctor who has himself for a patient, has a fool for a doctor.

Is a phrase long used in medicine but also applies here. 

Self surgery is a very bad idea.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 I have seen many a person try  Anesthesia on themselves with  great success. Alcohol in the form of beer seemes to be the preffered method! lol

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

A doctor who has himself for a patient, has a fool for a doctor.

Is a phrase long used in medicine but also applies here. 

Self surgery is a very bad idea.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

x2 Doc!

This is an interesting read...   :P

"First off, you'd want an x-acto knife instead of a razor blade.  second, it's not going to be a nice, neat, yank on something and it detaches, it's going to be a tearing, fleshy mess.  third, you're going to bleed like crazy because you don't have what it takes to arrest that.  fourth, you have a hugely inferior viewing perspective compared to a surgeon.  fifth, you'd have no anaesthesia:  thinking you can do weird angle fine surgery like that is like believing you can assemble a plastic model with a dog chewing on your leg.  sixth, you'd leave unreconstructed craters.  seventh, a lousy stitching job is going to leave scars of the scale that with the cratering might be worse than the gyne. 

so if you are uninterested in such details as anesthesia difficulties, bleeding or infection risks, lousy visuals onto the op area, unforeseen complications, let me just make the suggestion you keep a cell phone with a speed-dial for 911 close and handy.

That last part does assume you're still conscious.
"   :P

Not sure who wrote that, but it is quite comical...  ;)   And... VERY TRUE!

Do NOT attempt self-surgery...

GB

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
I can't believe what I am reading here! The concept of performing surgery on yourself is absurd! Who in there right mind would attempt self surgery?!!! ..... You should get a buddy to help you. That's what friends are for.   

This is the most entertaining thread on this site.

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 from the  old Western movies,   looks like if  you  just  bite down on  something like a  bullet or a stick while  your buddy  does the operation you should be fine. Then when its  done  they pour  something on the  wound from a jug with an  XXX  on it!  Still have not located a liquor store with   xxx on a jug with a cork

Offline outertrial

Still have not located a liquor store with   xxx on a jug with a cork

Medical supply shops in Russia still sell those.

cody sockeye

I can't believe what I am reading here! The concept of performing surgery on yourself is absurd! Who in there right mind would attempt self surgery?!!! ..... You should get a buddy to help you. That's what friends are for.   

This is the most entertaining thread on this site.

lmao

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024