Author Topic: NEW here  (Read 1686 times)

Offline duncan11

I had bilateral simple mastectomy 25 years ago because I knew I would commit suicide if I did not do SOMETHING....

Now... I just wonder if there is a way to restructure...revise...recreate a somewhat normal male chest from these scars that keep me as locked in shame as the breasts did....

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
hi there, was your original surgery done by a plastic surgeon? the chances of improving on a previous surgery are high (depending on the surgeon you go to)  have a look at this website http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/index.html it shows hundreds of cases and quite a few revisions.

DrBermant

I had bilateral simple mastectomy 25 years ago because I knew I would commit suicide if I did not do SOMETHING....

Now... I just wonder if there is a way to restructure...revise...recreate a somewhat normal male chest from these scars that keep me as locked in shame as the breasts did....

Options for revision gynecomastia surgery depend on the original problem, what was done, and how someone healed.  Deformities can include the access scar(s), remaining gland and scar after liposuction alone, and adhesion deformities.

Some crater deformities can be so extensive that there is not enough tissue left for revision.

Such questions are better explored during a consultation after an evaluation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024