Author Topic: Scar Tissue Success Stories?  (Read 3075 times)

Offline MikeM24

• Posting Member
Well there are plenty of threads here discussing scar tissue and the majority of people do seem to develop the post op inner scars. Plenty of people like myself would seem to agree their chest looks a lot better after the surgery, but without the scar tissue the results would be amazing. I have seen no one in any of these threads say I had scar tissue for x amount of time after surgery and eventually it flattened/softened to the point were it wasn't really noticable at all. Now I did receive kenalog injections twice, the 1st around 4 months post op and the 2nd 5 months. The first one did shrink them down some and the second I just received 5 days ago, however my PS didn't inject very much and said that should probably do it as far as the injections go. Now there is probably a risk for injecting too much, but I know what he did inject definitely won't get rid of all it. Hopefully it will reverse the process and let nature take it's course of getting rid of the remaining scar tissue. With all that being said I am curious to hear some succes stories of people who were able to get rid of the ball and have a nice flat mature scar. If you weren't, and decided to go the scar revision route, how were the results?

Offline patientx99

• Posting Member
I developed quite a bit of scar tissue on one side of my chest post-op... Just had the injections about 2 weeks ago, and can definately see a difference already, although my PS said i may need another round of injections in a few months. He was happy to take instruction from me about whether i wanted the injections or not. He said they will heal eventualy over a long time, but the injections simply speed it up. He said there is a danger of injecting too much, which will give you an inverted nipple, so the best bet is to wait as long as possible between courses and see how its progressing.

Offline MikeM24

• Posting Member
I developed quite a bit of scar tissue on one side of my chest post-op... Just had the injections about 2 weeks ago, and can definately see a difference already, although my PS said i may need another round of injections in a few months. He was happy to take instruction from me about whether i wanted the injections or not. He said they will heal eventualy over a long time, but the injections simply speed it up. He said there is a danger of injecting too much, which will give you an inverted nipple, so the best bet is to wait as long as possible between courses and see how its progressing.

thanks for the response. I guess the answer is just patience even though it's kinda hard sometimes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024