Author Topic: Detached Muscle  (Read 3952 times)

Offline Franklin23

• Posting Member
I originally posted this in another section, but I think it belongs here.

Basically, here's what happened to me.

Three years ago I had the surgery on my left side only.  A few months after I noticed that when I flexed my chest, a large indentation formed.  It took me a while to go back as I thought this was part of the healing process.  It was decided that my chest muscle had detached at a point and was causing this to happen, so we scheduled another surgery to fix it.  The second surgery did NOTHING.  I still have the same problem, only it may look a tiny bit better when not being flexed.

I went again on Tuesday and he basically told me its never going to look normal again and I could get a shot of something in 8 months to help it.

Like many of you, I originally got the surgery to feel better about myself.  I was embarrassed when I had to take my shirt off and I didn’t want to experience that feeling any more.  Now its 100 times worse and it has made me extremely insecure.

I didn’t do much heavy lifting prior to the surgery, so I find the idea that my chest muscle detached extremely implausible.  My only assumption is that the initial surgery didn’t go well, and he ended up doing this to me.  I'm in the process of emailing other surgeons about my case but im not too sure they will be willing to help, as the first response i got back told me the doctor would not do any revisions.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening and if so, what can be done about it?

Thanks

Offline refu_gee

• Posting Member
well start by telling us exactly what type of procedure you had done; (the type of techniques used by the surgeon). also give us some history: did you have fat only, or fat with glands etc.

a pre and post op pic would help A LOT! don't be ashamed to tell us or post anything, we are here to help man!

we just need as much info as you can give us.

it sounds more like the surgeon did take out some gland tissue by excision but failed to place some fat back into the void.

does your arm and your shoulder hurt on that side.. a detached muscle will usually swell up and there will be some fluid buildup under or over the muscle that "feels" swollen.

more info please!

Offline Franklin23

• Posting Member
Well,

I believe it was only fat, and it wasnt even a horrible case, but enough to make me want to get rid of it.

He told me he reattached muscle in the second surgery, so that has to be the problem, I do not beleive he took out too much gland, although I cant base that on anything.

I will add a picture when I get home from work.  I have a feeling the majority of people will be somewhat surprised as to what it looks like when flexed.  Its like the bottom right part of my left chest muscle isn't even there.

At certain places my chest does feel sore to the touch.  My main concern is that he made this happen and didnt say anything.

Thanks
pics to come

Offline refu_gee

• Posting Member
ok well.. did you get a cut under the areola? this is done to remove gland.

where exactly is this indentation?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024