Author Topic: First View of Chest Post Op  (Read 9371 times)

Offline MSJ108

I saw my chest today after lipo only. When the doc was checking my chest I noticed a decrease in areola sensitivity. Anyone else have this? Also, the areaola area did not look as puffy but it is hard to tell since the area has been compressed for the last couple days. I am hoping all the puffiness around the areola is gone now! Time will tell.

Offline MSJ108

GynO_DuDe

Most people lose aereola sensation with gland excision or lipo ... Others on the other hand have a decreased sensation (like me). To be honest, I couldn't give a t0$$ the fact is youve gotten rid of big boobs so who cares? I personally think any one that complains about losing nipple sensation is being plain greedy.

Offline jtd993

• Posting Member
Mine felt very numb for a few weeks until the swelling went down.  Then they became hypersensitive.  All part of the healing process.  Give it time and you'll likely be fine.

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
Most people lose aereola sensation with gland excision or lipo ... Others on the other hand have a decreased sensation (like me). To be honest, I couldn't give a t0$$ the fact is youve gotten rid of big boobs so who cares? I personally think any one that complains about losing nipple sensation is being plain greedy.

LOL amen to that!

Offline MSJ108

Ya I hear you. I don't really care. My interest in loss of sensation revolves around having less fluctuation in size in areola due to stimulation from touch. My main reason for surgery was to eliminate puffy areolas when warm/no areaola stimulation.

Offline jackson318

• Posting Member
That may take a long time to judge.  Mine never went down until around week 7 or 8 (I'm in week 9 now) and even then, they don't get completely flat like before the operation.  So, depending on how your body reacts, you may not see what things look like when relaxed for a while.

Offline MSJ108

That may take a long time to judge.  Mine never went down until around week 7 or 8 (I'm in week 9 now) and even then, they don't get completely flat like before the operation.  So, depending on how your body reacts, you may not see what things look like when relaxed for a while.

I am sorry I am confused by your post

Offline MSJ108

Offline MSJ108

Took a peak at my chest last night. Looks good but still hard to tell since its early and areolas have been pressed all day with vest and pads. The nipples look flatter though WITHOUT having the shriveled up cold appearance. That is a good sign. I got my fingers crossed!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
In many cases, the patient looses areola/nipple sensation temporarily. However, with time and healing, you will regain sensation.

GB
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 01:47:16 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you.  My nipples are somewhat numb along with other parts of my chest.  They are flat for the most part yet somewhat perky even in a hot shower which is a good sign.  They have a slight puffiness, but being one day post-op, thats expected. Good luck with your situation...keep us updated. 

Offline MSJ108

Thank you gentlemen. Will do!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Offline MSJ108

Keep ya fingers crossed for me that the areolas stay flat!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024