Author Topic: left nipple went inverted  (Read 7280 times)

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
One week post op. They said I could shower off and get the nipples wet so I took a shower about half hour a go. The left nipple appears to have gone inverted afterwards, the spot where the nipple point should be looks caved in a bit.......

I understand the risks and that this is possible but..... did this happen from the shower? they said let the shower water hit it so I did and I made sure the rinse the nipples very well to make sure theres no sweat or anything, I didnt touch it with my hands just beam of water. I patted dry using a sterile pad. When I looked down there was a very apparent caved in circle and I am getting upset.

what do you think? is there anything I can do? should I call the doc? do you think it might just go back?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 06:44:40 PM by Badgene »

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
its common that your nipples may look inverted for a while due to swelling surrounding the nipple. so don't freak out  mine looked a little concave at times until up to about 6 weeks

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
im 8 weeks and mine is still inverted.... should i worry? there is still swelling though

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
i guess that depends on how bad they are, if you are concerned you should ask your doctor. have you started massaging yet? mine reduced after i started massaging the lumps i could feel in the scar. if there is still swelling that will surely effect how it looks, i had a fairly small amount removed so that may explain the difference in recovery time just take care of yourself and you should improve with time.

DrBermant

One week post op. They said I could shower off and get the nipples wet so I took a shower about half hour a go. The left nipple appears to have gone inverted afterwards, the spot where the nipple point should be looks caved in a bit.......

I understand the risks and that this is possible but..... did this happen from the shower? they said let the shower water hit it so I did and I made sure the rinse the nipples very well to make sure theres no sweat or anything, I didnt touch it with my hands just beam of water. I patted dry using a sterile pad. When I looked down there was a very apparent caved in circle and I am getting upset.

what do you think? is there anything I can do? should I call the doc? do you think it might just go back?

Male Inverted Nipples can be a natural deformity of gynecomastia when gland elements tether the nipple to the muscle fascia. 

It cal also be a version of a Crater Deformity Defect after Gynecomastia surgery where residual gland and scar do the same.

How tissues heal and recover after gynecomastia surgery depend on the problem to be treated, skill of the surgeon, surgical techniques, and many other factors.  Nipple inversion is not something I see with my surgery unless I am dealing with a revision surgery.

If there are enough local resources, Revision gynecomastia surgery may help.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline kgr

• Posting Member
I am 3 weeks post op, and my left nipple is inverted. You have to wait 6 months to start seeing almost final results.
Surgery on 8th July 2008 under Dr. Deepak KL @ Apollo - Bangalore, India.
Liposuction + Gland excision. Cost - US$ 775 (Rs. 32,200 INR)
Details: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=14938.0
***Recovering***

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
All I'm going to say is water will not cause your nipples to cave in post op...
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
Thanks guys.  saw my doc yesterday. He told me basically what you guys said, the nipple is going through a lot of crazy changes and there is going to be some shaping and peeling before its completly healed.

Also it doesnt look quite as bad anymore and its most certainly still liveble. Im sure a number of regular guys have imperfect nipples too some Im not overly concerned currently but it was real scary seeing that the other day.

I had a niplectomy I think they called it. My nipples had to be replaces Higher then were they were or they would be a foot lower the normal so my nipples were completly replaced.

Should I be avoiding doing stuff like running up and down a huge flight of stairs that gets my blood red and hot and cardiolike, could this add to bad swelling or decreased circulation?

would one conclude a second nipple fixing procedure would all but sabotoge any ammount of feeling i have in the nipple all together.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 03:46:05 PM by Badgene »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024