Author Topic: post-op question...  (Read 1588 times)

Offline katomchik

• Posting Member
Hey everyone,

I had my surgery 2 weeks ago. During the surgery i had a lipo-suction and skin reduction, but a little bit of losse skin is still remained there. My doc told me that its ok and usually the skin is minimized just 3-6 months after the surgery which involve skin reduction. I dont undermine my docs saying, but i just wanted to know if you aware about that symptom. Hope you'll calm me soon :)

thanks,
me.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
It takes a number of months for skin to adequately contract after this surgery.  I usually tell my patients that we'll wait 6 months to see how well the skin contracts.  The younger you are, the better your skin will contract over time.  If it's only been 2 weeks since your surgery, you have plenty of time to get better.

Did your surgeon talk at all about massage?  I start my patients on once or twice a day massage with an electric flat head type massager, usually 10 to 15 minutes at a time.  Check with your surgeon on this.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline katomchik

• Posting Member
Dr. Pope,

First of all, thank you for the fast reply. My doc haven't said nothing about a massage i sould do. is it possible to do it by my own without any special electric stuff/equipment.

Thank you very much.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024