Author Topic: Thinking about surgery (in Vic)  (Read 4147 times)

Offline VicGuy

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting surgery, I was wondering if you could give me some feedback, answer some of my questions, and maybe recommend a surgeon if any of you are from victoria?

Well, basically, I have very minor gyne, just puffy nipples.  I first noticed them in high school, i'm 22 now.  I met with my doctor a few months ago, and he hooked me up with a general surgeon at the hospital, the surgeon said my condition was too minor, and he wouldn't do it, he said I should see a cosmetic surgeon, and that healthcare wouldn't cover it.  So basically that's where I'm at, i'm thinking about meeting with a surgeon here in vic to discuss my options.

I'll give you a quick description of my case:  Like i said it's just puffy nipples.  I consider my body pretty good, i work out lots, and i like my chest, it has a nice shape, and my pecs are pretty big, but my nipples look inflated, the stick out about a 1/2 inch from the line of my pecs.  When I pinch them, they feel almost empty, or like there just air in them, just enough pressure to make them puff out, but when you push on them, you can feel kind of a chunky lump behind each nipple, roughly the diameter of the nipple.  Another thing is, when my nipples shrink in the cold, my chest looks totally normal (i've thought about putting vaborub or something on them if i'm going to the beach or something).

So yeah, that's my situation, could you guys tell me, cuz my case is pretty minor, what am i looking at as far as operation time, recovery time, pain, scarring?  I've never had surgery before, and the idea's pretty scary to me.  I have a really busy school/practicum schedule, the biggest window of opportunity i have for the next few years is probably 2 or 3 weeks off, can I work with that?

Anyways, sorry for rambling guys, hopefully you can help me out.

Offline Eric

• Posting Member
I am from Victoria, too. And I am think about getting it done this summer instead of doing a co-op. Now the problem is that I do not think there are many options in Victoria. IT IS JUST TOO SMALL......

I am considering Vancouver...... but the problem is that i am all by myself and i doubt i could get back to Victoria alone after the surgery...:((

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024