Author Topic: advice needed please  (Read 4003 times)

Offline Andres1986

• Posting Member
hello everyone.

i am 22 and i have puffy nipples. actually the condition is much more evident in my right nipple rather than my left one, but nevertheless is bilateral. my question is: who do you think i should consult first? an endocrinolgist? a plastic surgeon?. for all i have read i inevitably will have to get a surgery for getting this problem fixed considering my age, but maybe i have an hormonal problem or something that prevented this to go away at an earlier age, what do you think?

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
Hello, do you have any other symptoms of a hormonal imbalance? The problem is, if you do have a hormonal problem and you get surgery, there is a possibility that the gynecomastia will come back. I had my hormones tested for piece of mind, then once they were all fine I went and got the surgery. However I understand it can be a bother getting a referral/expensive testing, whereas for me it was all covered. I think you should get the tests if you have any other symptoms, but for the most part its just pure unluckiness for us - as our gynecomastia does not disappear like most other teenagers.

DrBermant

hello everyone.

i am 22 and i have puffy nipples. actually the condition is much more evident in my right nipple rather than my left one, but nevertheless is bilateral. my question is: who do you think i should consult first? an endocrinolgist? a plastic surgeon?. for all i have read i inevitably will have to get a surgery for getting this problem fixed considering my age, but maybe i have an hormonal problem or something that prevented this to go away at an earlier age, what do you think?

Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia contours can be very distressing.

With the help of endocrinologists over the years, I have evolved a Red Flag system of Gynecomastia Symptoms.  This methodology was received well during my invited Gynecomastia lecture at the last American Association Of Clinical Endocrinologists national meeting.

There are many possible Causes of Gynecomastia that I have seen over the years.  When a patient has significant red flags, I request an endocrinology evaluation first.  I prefer to sculpt a stable problem whenever possible before surgery.  That is how I am able to help my patients keeping risk of recurrence so low.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024