Author Topic: Penlser Surgery - Day 3 post op  (Read 2102 times)

Offline gynegoneaway

Hello all,

After 'lurking' around the site for months I decided to move forward with my surgery which was done on the morning of Dec 23rd by Dr. Pensler in Chicago.  Let me begin by stating that both Dr. Pensler and his staff were top notch.  From the initial consultation to the 24hr post surgery phone call the experience was comforting considering the worries surrounding any surgery. 

I am 72hrs post surgery and this morning was my first chance to shower and see what has occurred over the past few days.  I must admit that the apprehension and excitement was half of the fun.  I lingered in the mirror longer than I thought this morning and am happily wrapped in my new compression vest.  So far I am extremely pleased.  I have very minimal swelling and bruising on my left side.  My right however has a mind of it's own  :)  More was taken out of my right side and it definitely shows.  The bruising and swelling is quite bad however I expected this and I'm sure as the body has time to heal the right will sort itself out.  I am hoping that by my one week post op the right will have caught op to the left. 

I will post pics when I have time. 

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
Congrats!  I'm about 1 year post op with pensler and vary satisfied.  here is a link to my recovery.. 

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12952.msg90206#msg90206

Good Luck!

Offline nikolas

• Posting Member
Hi. I had surgery on 1/15/09. When I took of the pads under the vest ystrday morning I was not sure quite what to think. I had a mild case of gyne but my left side was a bit more than the right. Today my right side looks good but my left side still looks weird. I hope this goes away...just wondering what you meant when you said your right side was bad? Was the swelling around the nipple area? You said you could tell they took out more on that side..does the area look indented? What do you mean by bad?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024