Author Topic: Six Days Post-Op  (Read 3703 times)

Offline NYLVWAMAN

I had my surgery Friday 1/14.  The surgeon removed about 1 lb from each of my breasts.  Since I had so much to remove, he had to cut a lot to remove skin and reposition my nipples properly.  The recovery is not bad; I was babysitting four kids the next day and back to work in less than 48 hours.  The compression vest is a little uncomfortable; guess I need to wear it for 6 weeks.

Here are some questions I have for others:

One breast is a lot tighter than the other; the skin seems a little too tight and it is uncomfortable.  Will this begin to feel better?  When?

The other nipple is puffy?  I have seen a lot of postings about this.  How long until it gets less puffy?

My biggest concern is about the fat removed from the sides of my breasts.  There was a lot of padding after the surgery under the compression vest on my sides.  On Monday, the surgeon removed the protective padding and the area below my underarms and to the sides of the breasts appears to be growing each day; some of it is swelling but much of it seems to be fat.  With my breasts being flat now, the fatty sides under my underarms is not proportionate at all.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Does it get better?

Thanks

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Its swelling...nothing to worry about.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
How is the progress going?

Offline NYLVWAMAN

Looks Great.  If I had a minor case, I would say it looks horrible but with as large as my breasts were it really looks great.

There are a lot of scars; I got cut almost entirely across my chest from side to side but the bulk is all gone.  I have a little fatty area on my sides that looks a little awkward but some of it is swelling.

I recommend this surgery highly for anyone in need of it.  I sprung a little leak in the last few days; I am going to call the Dr in a little bit.  It is kinda like a raw area next to my nipple that is not scabbed over or stitched up.

I can't believe how much better I feel about myself.  I used to be so self-concious and now I don't even think about it.

Thanks for asking

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024