Author Topic: after surgery  (Read 1670 times)

Offline yaboy

• Posting Member
i had my surgery a few days ago but my chest still looks a little pointy. my chest is soft and i was just wondering if my chest will shrink and tighten up in the next few weeks. did anyone have a soft chest after surgery? is it going to heal and become better or will it stays like this?any info would help. thanks

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You should expect to have some post operative swelling. It will diminish slowly and how long it may take depends on how you heal.

We occasionally hear from people who are totally happy right away but in some cases it make take much longer. You may not like to hear this, but I know of several instances where the final result was not realized for several months.

Just how long this might take is highly speculative. It depends upon the type and extent of the surgery and upon how you heal. Scars form on the inside as well as on the skin. These scars will soften in time.

At this early time, slightly pointy is probably much better than you might think. it is a normal appearance whereas a totally flat appearance this early might turn into a concave deformity later.

Be patient.
Grandpa Dan

Offline FreeinVegas

• Posting Member
Yeah I'm at post-op day #9.  My swelling has gone down considerably, but I can still feel some remaining and it's still a tad pointy.  However, even at my day 4 post op I could see a huge difference in that they weren't sticking out as much.  That skin will tighten back up though as long as you keep that compression garment on, keep a good posture, and follow other instructions. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024