Author Topic: Bruising after surgery?  (Read 7395 times)

Offline hatfield

• Posting Member
Hi, just a quick question. I had my surgery on Wednesday morning (I'm 4 days post op). Pain has been very manageable, mobility was very limited the day after but generally is starting to improve (although things like turning my neck to look behind be, raising my arms etc still causes some discomfort). I have not taken off my vest - I have a follow up appoitnment on Tuesday where he will take that off and give me the Stage 2 vest.

One thing that has come up this morning was some VERY yellow bruising. This was not an issue before, and am wondering if this is normal to pop up 4 days after? the top of my chest that is exposed(that I can see form the top of the vest) is VERY yellow. It was tender to touch from the beginning and still so, but the yellow just came up - just want to make sure this is normal and not a sign of something serious?

Thanks !

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
It is absolutely normal. I've seen post-op pictures where whole chests were dark purple colored...

Offline guyfrompuebla

• Posting Member
its completely normal, your bruises will be purple at first then turn green and finally yellow, after that they'll be gone

Offline hatfield

• Posting Member
thanks guys :)

Just got back from the Dr today for a 1 week follow up and he confirmed this is normal. Its still bruised, but having seen the results makes it all worth it !

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024