Author Topic: Can I use this to hide my Gyno?  (Read 6501 times)

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
Or will it leave scars and stuff on my chest? Its waterproof medical tape. Heres a pic:

DrBermant

Or will it leave scars and stuff on my chest? Its waterproof medical tape. Heres a pic:
I have seen horrible scars and darkened skin from damage to the skin from tape.  Sometimes the scars and pigmentation fade, for others the deformity is permanent.  Tape is a dangerous technique and not recommended. Duct Tape and Waterproof Adhesive Tape are particularly dangerous on skin.  Chest Shaping Garments for Gynecomastia are much safer and work better.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia Chest Sculpture

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I am certainly not a Doctor, But what I've heard supports what the Doctor said 100%.
Grandpa Dan

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
if your problem is puffy nipples, what i do for mine is pinch my nipples till they're hard and normal looking, then use a brush on super glue jsut on the nipples. it hides well, and no permanent scaring and such. beware though, it can irritate the nips and leave u with a nasty chafe for a couple days. it takes a few tries to get it right, too. vegetable oil gently rubbed on the glued area is what i do to remove the glue if need be.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I would not use tape to flatten your chest or nipples -- the skin will react to the adhesive and become inflamed, which frequently leads to darkening of the skin.

I have even seen redness and pigmentation from patients who wrapped themselves everyday with an Ace bandage.

Better to use a tight compression shirt.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024