Author Topic: how long til the pain goes away?  (Read 1860 times)

Offline notobvious

• Bronze Member

Offline moobsbrah

• Bronze Member
it varies. Done by a solid surgeon you should have minimal pain after a few days (to the extent that you require no painkillers)...swelling/bruising might persist for weeks to months though. Most important thing is to follow post-op instructions, and wear your compression vest for a 6-8 weeks (depending on what the surgeon recommends)

Offline pr0digy

• Posting Member
post op?

I stopped taking painkillers about 6 days after, and I was fine.
For a few weeks after you'll have sharp pains that come and go quickly (only a few times a day)
Had gyno for the best part of 8 (awful) years
Surgery on Monday 20th July. Never felt so happy in my life!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Pain is obviously very subjective -- one man's annoyance is another man's excruciating pain.

I have had patients who never took a pain pill after surgery -- and others, with similar operations -- who couldn't gobble them down fast enough.

In my experience, however, most pain is similar to having been pummeled in your chest by Muhammed Ali (in his prime) -- sore, but it definitely diminishes or disappears within 2-3 days.  Some patients, though, take longer.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Giantfan -- I disagree with you.  As I previously said, the same careful surgeon doing the same operation on different patients will end up with varying degrees of pain in these same patients.  Pain is a very subjective thing.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024