Author Topic: 2 days post op!... questions!  (Read 3637 times)

Offline lithium

• Posting Member
So I had surgery by Dr Kessler in Great Neck NY 2 days ago. He did a great job. I'll try posting pictures as soon as possible.... I'm very aloof due to the hydrocodone.

Do you guys suggest I see an endocrinologist to check my hormones now, after I had my surgery? I've never been to one... does insurance cover it?

My other question, is how long did you guys feel numbness around the nipple area after you had surgery? 2 days post op, and I can't feel a thing...it's kind of freaking me out!

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Don't worry about numbness two days op! Feeling will slowly return to your chest, although from what I've gathered, your nipples are the last to regain their sensitivity.

I'm over 11 weeks post-op and don't really have much feeling in my nipples yet. I really couldn't give a damn to be honest.
etc.

Offline lithium

• Posting Member
Thanks doddy... not just the nipple, but the whole area is numb. But man oh man is my chest flat. What an incentive to get into shape!

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Thanks doddy... not just the nipple, but the whole area is numb. But man oh man is my chest flat. What an incentive to get into shape!

Yeah, the whole area being numb is fine. Mine was for a good couple of weeks if not more from what I remember. Don't worry about that.

Offline lithium

• Posting Member
What about a visit to the endocrinologist? Should I do that??

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
What about a visit to the endocrinologist? Should I do that??

Only if you're willing to spend $800+ on visits and bloodwork.  This is, of course, well worth it if you do have an underlying cause.  
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 10:16:36 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline SRK

• Bronze Member
  • will BARE

Only if you're willing to spend $800+ on visits and bloodwork.

WHAT
will a visit to an endocrinologist n to get all the bloodtests cost so much
a man walkin with gyno is a man walkin with a heart of steel

Offline lithium

• Posting Member
Insurance doesnt cover it?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!

Only if you're willing to spend $800+ on visits and bloodwork.  This is, of course, well worth it if you do have an underlying cause.  

Yes. Very much worth it if you still have a hormone imbalance.  Better to know now, then to have your gyne grow back later.

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
how are you doing now?  How did you like Dr. Kessler? What was the cost?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024