Author Topic: Swelling post op  (Read 2910 times)

Offline gee24

• Posting Member
Hi,

I just underwent gynecomastia surgery this past Thursday (08-05-10). I had bilateral liposuction done, of which I am very pleased with. My chest is flat and looks more natural than before. Would the healing process change the shape of my chest or would it stay the same but the swelling will subside? I welcome feedback from those whom have undergone through this procedure.

Gee24

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
In my experience, I began to swell a couple of days after surgery (and bruised). You won't really know the final look for at least a couple of months, if not 6 months.

Be patient and follow your doc's orders.

Offline gee24

• Posting Member

Offline dwl

• Posting Member
I'm in the process of scheduling my surgery.  Great question, but for those that have had the surgery as well, I have a follow up.

After your surgery, was the swelling completely noticeable?

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
During the first month, my post-surgery swelling was never as big as my pre-surgery chest. And because of the compression garments you wear, you look great. At least that was my experience.

Offline gee24

• Posting Member
Dwl,

The swelling that I have now isn't that noticeable, since my gynecomastia was much more worse. The compression garments help elevate the swelling. Now I have a question of my own, "Would placing ice bags on my chest elevate the swelling? If not, do you know of any other remedies that will help reduce the swelling?"

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
My plastic surgeon explicitly instructed me NOT to use either ice or heat after the surgery.

Just wear the compression garment and be patient.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024