Author Topic: Underworks 997 - info inside  (Read 3519 times)

Offline Hooty_McBoob

• Posting Member
Just wanted to start a post - I ordered up some 997 shirts, large size. I don't have a serious case of gyne, so I figured I'd give these shirts a try.

I haven't seen any pics of these shirts anywhere (aside from the cheezy website pics at underworks) so I'm gonna post pics of the shirts, and then some before/after pics of my chest wearing them.

I have a 43" chest, and I ordered the large. It says it's good to 44". If it turns out that it's too small, then hopefully others will learn from my mistake!

So keep posted, as soon as they arrive I'll post back here.

Offline Hooty_McBoob

• Posting Member
Okay - picked up the shirts today.

First impression - they are very simple in design. At first glance, you can't tell the difference between this and a regular wife-beater T-shirt. So that was good.

It came in a non-descript UPS package, but the label did say "spandex shirt." The UPS guy asked me about this, and I said "it's an Underarmour shirt" - this is a brand everyone recognizes as being cool, and the UPS dude said "oh ya, cool"

I have a 43.5" chest, weigh 210lbs, and have a very big build, and I got the large size.

First impressions:

- I tried to put it on like a regular shirt, from the top. No go. I had to put it on from the bottom up - i.e. I put my legs through the neck hole, and slid it up my thighs/butt up to my chest, and then put my arms though the holes. This worked out perfectly.

- It is VERY tight. But it's moreso "supportive" than just plain old "tight". I can tell it is going to take some getting used to, but it's really not that bad.

- Holy shit, this thing works! It completely flattened my chest. And not only that, I can wear white shirts with this because it literally looks like a wife-beater.

So far, they were TOTALLY worth it :)

Pics coming soon!

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
You must have 1 big melon to not be able to put it on the normal way.  ;D

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
  I had the same problem with them. My waist is 31" but my chest is 42", and my legs are big; therefore, I was unable to get the shirt on.
 It would not pass my arms or chest area. I had to return them and now I am waiting for the single layer tank top style and one size bigger, but for the price is worth it.
 By the way, the vest from Veronique Design is great or if not the best but the cost is $99.95; you get what you pay for.

Offline Hooty_McBoob

• Posting Member
Actually, I read that the proper way is to "step in" to the shirt, so maybe my melon isn't too big afterall ;D

Question for others with the 997 - did it dig into your armpit area for a while at first??
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 10:58:19 PM by Hooty_McBoob »

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
Yeah I had to step in to it too... and IMO, it gives MORE than enough compression for post op wear (at least after 2 weeks of wearing another vest)

Offline timeforchange

• Posting Member
I too ordered the Underworks 997 compression vest and it arrived in a sealed UPS bagthat had "shirt" written on it, so that was cool!  Did have to sign for the package but that was ok as the postman was more preoccupied with the weather and the fact that it looked like rain!

I decided that I would try it out there and then before I went into work.  Figured that I would put it under my shirt and then put on my suit and be out of the house in 10 minutes..........or so I thought!!

Managed to open the bag quickly enough and it looked ok!  But could I get it on.........no,no,no!  Ten minutes later I was running around upstairs with this vest over my head, my arms were in BUT I could not get it past my shoulders for love or money!  So there I was hopping around, generally cursing and really afraid that I was to be stuck like this until the rest of the family came home.  I found a small nail scissors and began seriously considering hacking my way out!!!  By the way, I ordered the medium size and I am a 38-40 chest.

Finally I managed to remove the garment and free myself, but I still hadn`t got the thing on.  I decided that was needed was a good stretch, so I put my legs through the vest and attempted to stretch the material as much as I could..................................ten mins later I decided to try again.  This time i did manage to get the vest on.  First impressions.....WOW!  This was great although it does feel as if you are being slowly crushed.  Put on my shirt (which was white, by the way!) , but you could see it clearly.  not to be outdone I put on a football jersey that I haven`t worn for years due to it making my breasts look huge!  RESULT!  I looked normal.

I am delighted with the vest but I cannot wear it under a work shirt.  I can however wear it under t-shirts no bother.  It is really difficult to get on and off initially but it does get a lot easier.....at least now I can wear t-shirts proudly for the rest of the summer!!

Offline Hooty_McBoob

• Posting Member
Little update:

I'm wondering if maybe I bought the wrong size.

I got 3 of the large size, and I have a 43.5" chest. The large is supposed to be good up to 44".

It seems to be digging into my armpits alot, and is VERY tight in general around my stomach even though I don't have a gut at all.

Should i have gotten the extra large I wonder??

Opinions?

Minitits

Jeepers !

I wear off-the-peg, lightweight, simple, tried-and-trusted, brief, cool, stylish, comfortable and sexy bras, just like our mastiant sisters wear!

If I wore one of these clumsy things, my little pair would give me hell!

Offline n0thingsp3cial

• Posting Member
  • puberty was a b*tch..
997 too long?  Anyone try cutting it down to size?  Or did that cause it to fray apart.  Right now I have it overlapping itself becuase it's just too damn long.  Other then that its nice, especially for my post op compression, definitely beats that damn ace bandage i wore for a month in the hot summer.

Offline dash

I've got one and I got the large size even though I'm a pretty big guy, probably a 46 inch chest.

Putting it on over your head is murder.  

The nature of the garment is to put a small amount of pressure everwyere.   But if you overalap it while you're putting it on...   all of those small bits of compression are multiplied and it is tight!

Yes, mine's a little long too and when it bunches up around my waist it hurts a little.   I'm afraid to cut it too.  What if if frays?    I'll be upset and it will be ruined.

I have ordered two of the XL versions to aleviate this problem and also make the "crushing" sensation be less.

My friends are like " YOU LOST WEIGHT!"   and "YOU LOOK GREAT!"   and it's really odd to see what life without breasts is like.  

In my opinion...  everyone with Gyn should at LEAST give this a try.    It's changed my whole outlook on the future.

Also, seeing what a HUGE difference this makes..   I think I might actually consider surgery.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 09:06:05 AM by dash »
It's bizarre how you suffer alone and nobody knows but you.    But you really aren't alone!   Thank God for the Internet and this place!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024