Author Topic: Is it possible to have puffy nipples without gynecomastia?  (Read 9858 times)

Offline combatwombat

• Posting Member
Or are puffy nipples one of the sure signs of legitament gynecomastia?

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
my understanding is that puffy nipples are a form of gynecomastia as well.

Offline drdeadlift

• Posting Member
Puffy Nipple appearance is caused by a gynecomastia gland. If you can feel a hard lump behind your nipple then you have gynecoamstia, regardless of size.

A good test is to put your hand behind your head and with your pincers, squeeze the nipple from both sides and if the fingers meet, it means you have fat only, but if something solid prevents them from meeting then it's a gyne gland.

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
There is a certain amount of subjectivity to the diagnosis of gynecomastia. All men have some gland tissue beneath the aerola. This is normal. Gynecomastia is an excessive amount of glandular tissue. Here is where the subjectivity begins...If the size of your breasts bother you and it is persistent, then for all intents and purposes you have gynecomastia.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Gynecomastia is, by definition, excessive tissue on the chest -- which may be all gland, all fat, or in most cases, a mix of the two.

If puffy nipples appear on a skinny guy, it is still gynecomastia because it is the growth of the breast tissue under the areola which makes it "puff" out.

In essence, by definition, if you have puffy nipples, you have gynecomastia.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline combatwombat

• Posting Member
well, i did that test, and looks like i do have gyne.... =/ fml.  And yea, the puffy nipples and enlarged breast do bother me.  Looks like i'll have to start saving up for surgery.

DrBermant

Or are puffy nipples one of the sure signs of legitament gynecomastia?

Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia is one form of gynecomastia or female breasts on men. It is the same concept as a pubescent female breast. This structure on a female body is still called a breast. That is why, even subtle gynecomastia, is still gynecomastia. If you are asking if the contour problem will have gland: all mammals both male and female have gland, it is part of being mammal. The Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia consists of gland, fat, and skin in all cases. As that demonstration shows, the contributing factors can vary, but all 3 will be there. A fourth potential deforming factor for patients after surgery is scar tissue as demonstrated in this Puffy Nipple Complication after Gynecomastia Surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline drdeadlift

• Posting Member
well, i did that test, and looks like i do have gyne.... =/ fml.  And yea, the puffy nipples and enlarged breast do bother me.  Looks like i'll have to start saving up for surgery.

Get that money saved up and get it done mate! Best decision I ever made and I'm only 5 weeks post op.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024