Author Topic: Thinking about having a surgery  (Read 3329 times)

Offline maszap

• Posting Member
Hi. Im currently 17 and been suffering from Gynaecomastia since i was about 10. I know i'm a bit young and don't have the funds, but i'm thinking to do the operation as soon as im 18 or maybe 19 years old.

I found this website and wanted to ask a few questions about pre and post operation.

First of all, if i decide for example for a surgery with Dr Levick, the cost is roughly about £3900, does he offer any kind of loan or do i have to pay the whole price in one payment?

Secondly, roughly after what amount of time from stepping inside the surgery at the day of your operation, do I get to leave and go home?

After i Leave, will i be able to drive a car back home? I live in London but i rather Dr Levick as i read he only uses 1 insicion compared to the other Doctor which name i cant remember (starts with a K)

How long does it take after the operation, to be back as normal without any bruises etc. ?

How long after the surgery can I start living a usual life and most of all going to the gym?

Finally, for the people that have gone through this surgery, do you have any visual scars left ? if no then how long did it take to loose them?

I would really appreciate if someone could answer my questions.

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
Hey, I ain't had surgery yet but I can help you with a few of your questions..

First of all, if i decide for example for a surgery with Dr Levick, the cost is roughly about £3900, does he offer any kind of loan or do i have to pay the whole price in one payment?

I had trouble with this aswell.. I don't think either offer any type of loan, you have to pay the whole price. I think you put a deposit down to book a date, then pay the rest when you're there, still one payment though.. No loans :/

Secondly, roughly after what amount of time from stepping inside the surgery at the day of your operation, do I get to leave and go home?

You leave later that day, although I've heard when you get it done with Levick you stay over night.

After i Leave, will i be able to drive a car back home? I live in London but i rather Dr Levick as i read he only uses 1 insicion compared to the other Doctor which name i cant remember (starts with a K)

Dr. Karidis?
And yeah, you'd probably be able to drive home, from what I've heard, aslong as you're not drowsy from the drugs and you take it easy with the wheel. Probably best to have a second option incase you don't feel up to it. Have a hotel booked or summat.

How long does it take after the operation, to be back as normal without any bruises etc. ?

How long after the surgery can I start living a usual life and most of all going to the gym?

There's a time-frame of 6 months for all the healing to be done. People have said around 6-8 weeks after they've been able to get back to the gym. And the hardest part seems to be lifting arms above the head.

Finally, for the people that have gone through this surgery, do you have any visual scars left ? if no then how long did it take to loose them?

I can't really answer this.. but I think everyone's left with a slight scar, and the surgeons require you massage it so long after the surgery to reduce the scars. They provide the information when you get it done.

Offline maszap

• Posting Member
Thanks really much for the answers, i would still want to know from someone who had an operation if after a few months they still have some scars. However it isn't much of a problem as when i was 2 years old i had an operation poorly done which left me with huge scars. I bought a cream called Contractubex at the age of 15 and started using it and in no time the scars had pretty much dissapeared. Noticable by the fact people at school stopped realising that i have the scars or stopped commenting on them.

But thanks anyway :)

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
I had surgery with Karidis 3 days ago, I wouldn't worry about the number of incisions, the ones on my armpits are the ones that hurt a little, the ones on the nipples don't hurt at all, the whole experience with karidis was amazing and if you live in london you might as well go with him, having said that i cant really comment on levick, i have a feeling both are pretty equal. the incisions are tiny as well, really wouldn't worrry too much about scarring, im gonna use bio oil anyway, read some great reviews on amazon

"Secondly, roughly after what amount of time from stepping inside the surgery at the day of your operation, do I get to leave and go home?"
with karidis i got there at 8 30, had the op about 9 30, woke up about 11 (i think) felt pretty out of it, drifted off for a little bit, by about 12 i was feeling more awake, by about 1 30 i felt best i have in a long time for some reason haha, couldnt wait to leave, got out about 2 30 feeling great
Surgery with Dr. Karidis, 16th August 2011: currently recovering  https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=23731.0

Offline maszap

• Posting Member
thank you sooo much bomberman. After what you said i will definately go with Dr. Karidis. I hope he will still be working in 2 or 3 years  :D

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
hi mate, I've had surgery with Alex Karidis and I'm about 7 weeks post op now and I have no noticeable scars apart from a very tiny mark near my armpit where the lipo went it, the nipple incisions can be seen at all which I'm really happy about.

From the consultation to the surgery was about 3 weeks (could have been sooner but wasn't convenient for me), I went in at 7:30, surgery was at about 9:30 as I was 3rd on the list, left about 3pm since I still felt groggy. I had the surgery the Thursday and was back to work on the following Wed just because I was pretty sore and was quite liking the time of work ;-)

I was back to the gym at the beginning of week 6 but my chest is still a little tight lifting my arms above my head but is getting better with stretching.

As for the cash, I'm not sure if Karadis has a payment plan or anything but if you are planning on doing it in a couple of years it should be plenty of time to save.

Best thing I ever did!

Hope that helps, any more questions feel free to ask.

Offline maszap

• Posting Member
Thanks.

Yeah a lot of time to save up but if you think about it, you could save the £4000 up for a car or save up for a house deposit and here you have to waste it because of something like this ;/

life is tough

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
Thanks.

Yeah a lot of time to save up but if you think about it, you could save the £4000 up for a car or save up for a house deposit and here you have to waste it because of something like this ;/

life is tough

Exactly how I think of it :/

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
"thank you sooo much bomberman. After what you said i will definately go with Dr. Karidis. I hope he will still be working in 2 or 3 years"
no worries man :)

with regards to the money I went with a credit card. I know that getting into debt is not a good idea but I just wanted the gyne gone as soon as possible (i'd been suffering with it for years not really understanding what it was, just hating wearing clothes and the way i looked in the mirror etc, until i found this site)
there are ways to build up your credit rating quite quickly and credit cards up your limits quickly as well, or you could get a loan or something.
If you think about it you could spend the next 3 years with gyne, saving x amount each month towards the treatment, or you could get the treatment now and spend the next 3 years without gyne paying x amount each week towards your credit card bills! this way you end up paying slightly more because of the interest but you get the gyne treated straight away
I would never advocate getting into debt and its something you should seriously think about before you decide to, but I was happy to in this case because the gyne was seriously affecting my life (even though it wasn't that bad) and i just wanted to get on with living and being happy and not worrying too much about money
having said that if you are happy to wait then fair play, just spend the time looking forward to the day you are free :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024