Author Topic: Bra Options  (Read 18601 times)

mrsags

Hello,

Just introduce myself, I'm a long time gynecomastia sufferer and am now considering wearing a bra.  I started growing breasts at a young age, probable around 12 or 13 years old and I'm now 29.  I've measured myself and it looks like I'm somewhere around a 42B or 40C.

I'm looking for suggestions on what to wear and whether to go with an underwire bra or a soft cup bra.

Thanks!

hammer

I am a DD so I need more support! My bra of choice is the Just My Size 1259. If I want to be more discrete I wear a Magic Bra. It is similar to a sports bra, but not as supportive, much lighter and less detectable in my opinion.

If you have not looked around yet, there are areas in this forum that talk just about bras that you may find very helpful.

Sometimes it may come down to trial and error, to find what is best for you.

I hope this helps some, good luck.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If your intent is support and comfort, then there are lots of directions you can go. Because the male chest is much wider generally than a female chest the breasts are spaced farther apart this could make an underwire style uncomfortable. Most bras are intended to accent the breasts, Most men would rather minimize.

If your intent is concealment, an athletic bra in either a pull on or a front closing style does a better job while also supporting. Some of these can be uncomfortably tight.
Grandpa Dan

mrsags

Thank you both for your replies.  I'll look around the forum and see what others have used.  I also might get in contact with someone like Linda The Bra Lady or other online bra outlets to get help on sizing and what options they think are best.

In looking online, there are so many options out there.  As Paa_Paw said, I certainly don't want to accentuate them, I do want to minimize them.  I have seen bras out there that are underwire but are minimizers...

Offline gotgyne

I wear the Anita sports bra 5521. Excellent fit and very comfortable.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
I wear a underwire, seamless cup, T-shirt style bra.  T-shirt bras are designed not to be apparent under clothing.  There are no tell-tale signs of a bra when I'm wearing either buttoned or knit/golf shirts.  Sometimes my breasts are discernable under my shirt but that's whether I'm wearing a bra or not. 

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
Deciding what you want out of a bra is an important first step to deciding which styles to try to see if they work for you. Is comfort more important, is concealment more important.

Sounds like a sports bra might be a good first experiment for you. There are a lot of good brands. Moving Comfort seems to be really high quality and if you are up for it, they'll explain the differences in the style to you over live chat on their website.

Just remember, if the sports bra rides up on you, its not fitting you right and therefore not the right size.

Jason13820

You and I are roughly the same size, so I'd recommend this one:
Just My Size Magic Ring Support Wirefree Bra
It's available in several stores or online too. The cups don't bubble out and it's hard to notice, it breathes, it doesn't have a wire and the straps are comfortable. I forget that I'm even wearing it, which I can't say about any other bra.
A lot of people recommend sports bras but I always found them uncomfortable. I guess it depends mostly on your body type and different bras work best for different people.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You are totally correct.

Nothing beats a fitting by a professional but lots of guys have a major problem doing that. If you do that once though you'll never go back to the old trial and error method.

Offline Del

• Bronze Member
Yes Paw-Paw I agree with you totally about getting a proper fitting by a professional. It's essential for getting the correct support and maximum comfort.
   Del
Del

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
What is the Magic Bra?  I googled and didn't see anything.  Just wondering.

I like the t-back bras because they are harder to detect, but they sometimes pull the straps close to the neck and can be seen, I wear black only because of the risk of seeing and wear a compression shirt over it so it really can't be seen or if it is, it just looks like a t-shirt. 

I sorta want more of a reg bra because of the strap position, but concerned on the band being seen very easily. 

I am a DD so I need more support! My bra of choice is the Just My Size 1259. If I want to be more discrete I wear a Magic Bra. It is similar to a sports bra, but not as supportive, much lighter and less detectable in my opinion.

If you have not looked around yet, there are areas in this forum that talk just about bras that you may find very helpful.

Sometimes it may come down to trial and error, to find what is best for you.

I hope this helps some, good luck.

hammer

The Magic Bra (magicgravitybra.com)and the Genie bra (geniebra.com) are very similar, but not near the support of a regular bra. In fact I put a Magic bra on today as we had company  coming over today that like to hug to say goodbye. I put the regular bra on (just my size) right after they left because I could really tell the difference in the lack of support in the magic bra. That being said, the magic bra was better then nothing! Last night I took the bra off early then watched TV and could tell that I did, so the magic bra is better then none.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Ok, I have wondered about those if they really are worth much at all.  I have been tempted to try one.  I am not terribly large (42Bish), but no support is frustrating.  Something is far better than nothing, but I have a couple sports bras that are just about worthless.  I don't see how anyone larger would even think of working out in one. 

The Magic Bra (magicgravitybra.com)and the Genie bra (geniebra.com) are very similar, but not near the support of a regular bra. In fact I put a Magic bra on today as we had company  coming over today that like to hug to say goodbye. I put the regular bra on (just my size) right after they left because I could really tell the difference in the lack of support in the magic bra. That being said, the magic bra was better then nothing! Last night I took the bra off early then watched TV and could tell that I did, so the magic bra is better then none.

hammer

That is just it Bman, with the big melons that I have it takes a lot to hold them! In fact we (my wife daughters and I)have came to the conclusion that no matter what, I can not hide them and they actually look smaller and less sloppy in a good support bra.  I know I feel so much better, I wish I would have done this years ago when I was first encouraged to do it as it would have save years of pain and suffering.   

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
It took me a while to talk to my wife about it, and as PawPaw and everyone said, she knows already, she did, she was ok with it, she didn't know it bothered me so much, let alone the pain, that now wearing is gone.  But comes back if I go without for much time at all.  Especially with driving. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024