Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Jacobs  (Read 5753 times)

Offline LetsDoThis

• Posting Member
Hey all.  I have my surgery coming up next week.  So far Dr. Jacobs has been great and receptive.  He seems like a good guy so I hope all goes well.  Will keep you all posted.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
I think you got one of the best. Hope all goes well.

Offline LetsDoThis

• Posting Member
So far I really can't speak of my results but Dr. Jacobs and his staff are great.  They are professional and make you feel comfortable.  Anesthesiologist is great and everything about the surgery went well.  As for results, I will report back later but I am hopeful.  From my perspective my case didn't seem that bad but he had to make an incision and cut out glandular tissue from both sides.  No drains were needed.  I will definitely report back and let you all know how things shape up over the next couple of weeks.

One thing I am worried about is dating.  I guess sex is kind of out of the question with this binder..I mean...how do you explain that?  Kind of annoying.

Offline LetsDoThis

• Posting Member
Still pretty painful, especially when walking around.  Tomorrow I take off the bandages and get a look.  Can't wait to see. 

Offline ineedsurgery

• Bronze Member
Congrats on the surgery! I plan on having dr Jacobs do mine as well.  Keep us updated.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
congrats. Wow, your chomping at the bit on dating and sex already? Good for you. Ya, I would hold off two weeks at least before considering those activities with someone you are not steady with.

Offline LetsDoThis

• Posting Member
Eh.  Not looking for new dates but someone in particular who I've been putting off seeing due to the surgery.  How long can you put it off, ya know?

So I took the bandages off and it looks good so far.  Some bruising and swelling.  Some of which is making it hard to see how my nipple will turn out but if anything I was surprised how good it looks already only 48 hours later.

Any advice on putting the binder on?  There's no way it's as tight as it was when the nurse put it on me.

Offline LetsDoThis

• Posting Member
Now it's a a week since surgery and I have to say my chest looks pretty great.  One side is still weeping and the nipple seems to have discharged some blood as there is dried blood on it but I guess that is normal? 

Any input on blood dried around nipple?

Also, I assume it is normal to have some weeping from the wound at this point.  Would be nice to hear about others' experience with this.

Overall though, the contours look great.  I am very happy with Dr. Jacobs' work and will report back soon. 

There is swelling but not too much and some bruising but this is quickly improving.

Offline LetsDoThis

• Posting Member
Day 9

I was a little too active on day 7 and one of my wounds opened a little.  It was very painful for a day but seems to be a bit better today.  The black and blue is getting better and the swelling is also much better.  Overall I am still very happy.

I am now hopeful that things are going to look close to perfect although I am not sure what the scars will look like.  It's funny because I did not at all expect perfection and had reasonable expectations but over the past few days I my hopes have increased because the results look so good for so early on and I can only assume that they will keep getting better.  There is definitely some scar tissue forming under my nipples but it seems the compression binder thing is keeping everything flat.  It is horrible wearing this thing all the time but hey, I spent enough money on this that I will do whatever it takes to make sure the results are as good as possible. 

Feeling is coming back a bit in my chest so things are getting itchy, somewhat painful and uncomfortable but it's not too bad.  Tylenol doesn't work too well for me and I cannot take aspirin yet so I'm just dealing with the pain.   I actually used all of the vicodin that was rx'ed within a week but that's probably because I was taking other pain meds prior to the surgery for an unrelated illness so I had to take 2 at a time for any relief.  I think I took 6/day for 4 days or so then just at night.  Not that I need strong meds now but it would have been nice yesterday for the open wound as it really burned and stung a ton.   

If anyone has questions just ask.  I'm still very happy with Dr. Jacobs. 

Being the critical bastard that I am, I will say that my only complaint is that he did not spend time helping me figure out how to put on this binder prior to the surgery.  He did take a little time after surgery but it would have been nice to get a lesson pre-surgery where he made sure I was able to do it myself.  Either way, I have absolutely no regrets going with him despite the high cost.  So far it seems like he did an incredible job and is always available when I have questions, has a good bedside manner and has great staff and a comfortable office.  More updates to come.             

Offline spaseven

I'm glad you like your results. Can you tell the total cost for the surgery as I'm also considering Dr. Jacobs?

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
Me to please send your costs to me via a private message.
Thanks.

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
Do you have any pics and did you need any medical info from your doctor and clearance ?

Offline LetsDoThis

• Posting Member
Surgery was 8K.  Pretty expensive!  I needed  blood and urine tests done which were both easy.  I don't have pics but could take some at some point.

I'm feeling pretty good.  My only issue is that I have a crease on my right nipple which doesn't look good.  I have faith that it will improve or Dr. Jacobs can hopefully fix it.  I'm being patient and will probably wait until my 6 week check-up to bring it up with the doctor.  Can't wait to take this binder off for good!

Offline LetsDoThis

• Posting Member
I'm over three weeks now.  The crease seems to be slightly better.  It looks like it is the results of scar tissue so maybe it will continue to improve.

I have these red marks on my sides from the band-aids I used for the first 2 weeks.  Anyone know how long these take to go away?  They look worse than the scars at this point!

Offline papashango9

• Posting Member
Congrats! At what point did general muscle soreness and bruising go away? Or do you still have it?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024