Author Topic: Post Surgery Recovery.  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Untouchable

Hello gang,

Long time reader, first time poster - I'd like to start by saying that I am so happy to have found this site and come to realise that this isn't just an issue faced by me. So thank you all for your contributions.

I finally had my surgery on about 2 days ago, and I have a few questions that perhaps some on here can help answer.

How long roughly in others experience has it taken for the post-operative swelling to go?, my surgeon did not issue me with a compression garment - nor did he tell me to wear one, is this the norm? I've been doing lots of walking around the house as the doctor did not tell me to stay bed-ridden, will this impact the outcome?

The surgery here in Australia was free (as part of the public health system) so I concerned about the attention to detail (or maybe Im just paranoid lol).

:)

Offline Supersonic123

• Bronze Member
No vest? Thats madness my friend! This is why im deciding to pay for expensive surgery at private clinic even though surgery is free in Sweden aswell with public health care. Buy Compression vest asap, bad doctor telling you no vest...

Offline Untouchable

No vest? Thats madness my friend! This is why im deciding to pay for expensive surgery at private clinic even though surgery is free in Sweden aswell with public health care. Buy Compression vest asap, bad doctor telling you no vest...

Sorry, I should clarify this by saying that I have 2 pads on both of my nipples which are being compressed with tegaderm film dressing. but I have taken your advice and put on a compression vest, I just hope that 3 days after surgery I am not too late :(

Does anybody think it could be a case of 'too little, too late' and will this effect the outcome of the surgery :( I am really upset now.

Then again, it is only 2.5 days since the surgery (technically) so I guess its still early in terms of results? lol
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:30:13 PM by Untouchable »

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Its fine.  Keep it on for a month day and night.  than another 2 to 6 weeks just at night.

keep massaging with anti swelling cream as well.

take pics..show us.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024