Author Topic: 4 Weeks Post-Op  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Wanted

• Posting Member
I am 4 weeks post-op but I have some concerns.

After seeing my chest for the first time 1 week after surgery, my right nipple looked very good and I was very happy. My left looked much better than before surgery but still had some puffiness to it. I didn't worry as I know it takes a long time to heal.

But it is now 1 month post-op it looks to me like my nipples are sticking out more than they did when it was 1 week post-op. Should I be worried? Will they get flat as time goes by?

Offline puffysucks

• Posting Member
Welcome to the psychological s***storm that is healing! I'm in the same boat as you, everything looked great 1 week post op, and then during the second week I started to get puffiness again, more so on the right side. I've been told by my doctor (and I've read this commonly here) that it's swelling and it could potentially take 3-6 months to go away completely. I went into this thinking I'd be one of the lucky ones who didn't have much swelling, but I was wrong and it devastated me until I could wrap my head around what was going on. In a perfect world, the results would be immediate, but I guess we don't live in a perfect world.

Offline Wanted

• Posting Member
Ok well thanks for the reassurance! It sucks it is about to be summer but I mean they still aren't anything like before so I'll just have to suck it up!

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
ht tps://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/1/pre-surgery-worries-to-post-op-concerns-let-me-calm-your-fears!/

Connect the t's and read this. Its a post here on the site. Helped me out tons when I was trippin out on how I was healing.

This should be a sticky...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024