Author Topic: Fluid type sound  (Read 3481 times)

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
I'm now 4 days post op. I have been scratching (lightly) the top of my chest because of that damn itchy vest, I just lift the vest with one hand and scratch with my finger the top of my chest, which I can feel fine (I'm not sure how much lipo was done here) I wouldn't dare go scratching already anywhere near to the main center or nipples.

Anyway has anybody else ever heard a fluid, squishy bubbley type sound come from their chest when they've scratched it? Whenever I scratch the top of my chest, it's literally at the top of my chest, if I just move my finger along from the middle to outwards at the top I hear that kind of sound, like it's fluidy? it's like a bubble kind of sound really hard to explain but yeah anyone else ever had this or know if it's something quite normal. It kinda really freaked me out, I do it on the other side of my chest and nothing happens, it's just at the top of my right pec? And it literally only just started happening in the last hour. And it happens anytime I do scratch there now, trying to not touch it now :(

I guess you could say it sounds like when you are at the bottom (nearly drunk it all) of a ribena carton and if you squeezed the sound you'd hear try and bubble through the straw? Best thing I can think of to explain it?

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
Or when you rub your eye and you hear that gooey fluid type sound, similar to that...

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I've read that on this forum before. Look up "water sound" or "swooshing in chest"(something like that)in the search bar up top and you'll find stuff about it. It could go away on its own or may need to be drained.

It happens to people and its not something you should let get you scared.

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
Cheers for the reply bro, as I've never seen anyone mention it before I was a little worried, but it seems common. Apparently people get it when massaging etc so that's why I might of just heard it and only when I scratch or roll my finger over it. I'm gonna not touch it until it's time to massage (apart from showering).

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
No prob. I was itchy as hell too. I was using a wooden drumstick to scratch my back. I wouldn't message for a while. Tissue is reforming and you should let mother nature take over until you're feeling whole again.

Not thinking you were going to start messaging early.haha.

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
Haha I've done what others have mentioned and put my Nike under amour vest on underneath the compression vest. It helps so much, I'm not itchy anywhere now, just a little on my chest just where it's healing, nothing like before though. You have much more movement with the Under amour on as well, just slides easier!!

Oh no haha I wouldn't dare massage early, I won't be massaging until 2 weeks plus I think it is? I might start doing the 12 hour a day vest thing early though, maybe from a week or a week and a bit. I honestly don't think I need it that much, whenever I take it off for a shower or just a 15 minute break, I never get any swelling come up as far as I'm concerned, my bruising is just a yellow tint now, I stopped taking pain killers the day after surgery, and I can now move quite freely, the tightness is nearly gone. I honestly could not have asked for a quicker recovery over these last 5 days. Saying that I am still being very careful and takng it easy, not doing any exercise until 2 weeks plus and even then I'm going to just be riding a bike instead of running.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Cool! Glad your a little more comfortable. The itchiness should go away around the two week mark. Keep us posted on how things come out.

Best of luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024