Author Topic: Crater at incision line  (Read 2649 times)

Offline guy1985

• Posting Member
I just had surgery 2 weeks ago. Everything is going well accept I have a slight crater on my left side at the incision line when I flex. Is there anything I can do to help with this like massage or exercise? Or will it even out over time? I appreciate all suggestions. Thanks.

Offline Poobs

• Posting Member
At two weeks you have no idea what your chest will look like in two or three months. Give it time.

Offline RbR

I agree it's probably too early to say for sure how thing will eventually look. That said, I developed a similar sounding issue about three weeks after my surgery and it stayed with me. The doc eventually told me it was scar tissue that had connected to the area underneath the nipple. He recommended massaging it, but it didn't seem to change anything. I went back a couple weeks ago and got "scar release" revision surgery. Fingers crossed that this will get it sorted out.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I had what looked like a crater effect after surgery. It went away after the six month mark. It was swelling making it look that way.

Offline arat3755

Just had surgery 3 days ago. Worried about dippresions in chest. A little bigger in the left chest. Is it common. Doc says that its because of gland removal that leaves an obvious dip. Will fill up with time. M tensed. Help out

Offline to_postop

• Posting Member
Would appreciate any input from people who have experienced craters post surgery and whether they went away, and after how long, or if they did not go away, very worried about mine but I am just 11 days post surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024