Author Topic: Listen to my story regarding puffy nipples after gyno surgery!  (Read 7291 times)

Offline Sobhana

Hi everyone,
In the beginnig i should apologize because of my english writing, i am iranian(persian)
Directly go to our purpose, which is puffy niplles post op surgery. My story is exactly similar to others.almost three weeks amazing result of flat chest, then suddenly nipples puff out and changed to pointy nipples worse than before surgery. All of us suffered very mental pressure because of this situation and disappointed for losing our money, our time and our hope.I read a lot of comments regarding this issue.honestly Dr. Jacob's comment helped alot(actually he doesn't personally know me, but most of us know him well, he's really nice person)
So after months I decide to test my chance by cortisone injection.however my surgeon was sure that it's residual gland and i need revision surgery. I was frustrated and went to take sonography(take picture by X-Ray). The doctor who took picture was sure these are residual gland too  :D
So far both of my surgeon and other doctor were sure that my puffy nipples are because of residual gland. But one day i went to my surgeon and asked him to inject cortisone as last chance.he refused but after i insisted, he accept to inject only 1 cc cortisone injected.very very very painful,i really see death in front of my eyes during injection:o
My nipples were get twice bigger, it was normal because of injection.then weeks after weeks get soften and smaller and flatter.it takes almost 7 weeks to see exactly the nipples after surgery again. Thanks god. Really thaaanks god .7 months post op surgery were worst days in my life.
So at the end of my comment i want to emphasize on this:
Dear friends, if you had flat nipples after surgery, you will have it again by cortisone injection.just be patient, actually  days after gyno surgery have very up and down,the process is very complicated.
I don't know why i can't upload my pictures by ipad, so i will upload them on sunday in my work place.
Hope to have flat chest for whole life,bros ;)

Offline BetoCE

• Posting Member
Hi man!
lets see if i understood.. After injection adn 7 weeks, is it ok now? No puffy anymore?

Tbanks

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Thanks for sharing your experience. Is all well now? It sounds like the injections did help the puffy nipple issue after surgery, correct?  Were you having issues with scar tissue or unusual persistent swelling in that area?
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline troubledman

• Posting Member
I will be doing my surgery tommorow....i have puffy nipples, and doctor will be doing gland removal and lipo........

im assuming the gland removal is for that puffy nipple?

my curious mind is....what are the chances of this puffy nipple to return like the thread starter issue?

how many percent?

Offline Sobhana

Quote from: Dr. Cruise link=topic=28884.msg187533#msg187533 date=1391550706
Thanks for sharing your experience. Is all well now? It sounds like the injections did help the puffy nipple issue after surgery, correct?  Were you having issues with scar tissue or unusual persistent swelling in that area?

Dear doctor joseph,
Thanks for checking my story
Yes, I am completly sure that my puffy nipples after 7 months post op surgery were because of lump under of aerola and after cortisone injection the lumps melted approximatly. The difference for tissue befor and after of cortisone injection is very very clear and undenaiable.
I am curious to know that cortisone injection to reduce scar tissue is a new method? Is it a new advantage in medical science?

Offline Sobhana

Hi man!
lets see if i understood.. After injection adn 7 weeks, is it ok now? No puffy anymore?

Tbanks
Dear betoCE
In first week after cortisone injection you will feel softening for scar tissue .days after days scar tissue will be reduced. Now my nipples are almost similar to day after surgery( flat nipple)
I don't know why i can't upload my picture here!!!!!

Offline Sobhana

I will be doing my surgery tommorow....i have puffy nipples, and doctor will be doing gland removal and lipo........

im assuming the gland removal is for that puffy nipple?

my curious mind is....what are the chances of this puffy nipple to return like the thread starter issue?

how many percent?
Your surgeon decides regarding method of your gyno surgery according to situation of your breast( fat and gland percentage) so you should inform your surgeon about your concerns.for example for me the puffy nipple is very important.
Regarding your question for gyno returning. It depends on the reason that make your breast to gyno.
For example: hormons, addictive drugs, alcohol, some medical drugs or genetics and etc...

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
I am so glad to here that you achieved improvement with your steroid injection. The fact that the steroid helped indicates to me that the build up of tissue was likely healing scar tissue. This is why it is critical to have compression after surgery to make sure the skin heals down to the muscle with minimal scar tissue formation. Scar tissue will always form. It will always become firm at 6-8 weeks but typically subsides by 3-4 months, sometimes longer.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024