Author Topic: Genie Bra Round Two  (Read 4394 times)

TomJones

Was in Bed, Bath an Beyond and I placed a size large Genie Bra package into my cart. Package of 2 for $15.  Reviews are mixed on this wireless, "comfort" bra.  For cup sizes larger than a C cup, there are a several complaints that the bra doesn't provide enough support.  Since I am a 40B, I thought I would try it out.

On the positive side, the bra has no adjustment clasps and no clips to bulge through a shirt and leave telltale signs that you are wearing a bra. Of course, for some people, that would be a negative. For me however, I can wear this bra under a shirt and the straps would look like an ordinary athletic A shirt straps.

The bra comes with breast form pads that can be removed if desired.  If the pads are removed, there will be considerably less support for your breasts.

I am 5'7" 175 pounds and chose the large size.  As for fit and function, the genie bra provides plenty of support for my 40B breasts. I jogged, ran, and rode a bicycle and the bra held my breasts in place. No one else noticed that I was wearing a bra under my shirt which is a reqirement for me at this point in my life.

As far as I am concerned, it was a well spent $15. However, if my breasts continue to grow, these probably will not be good enough to provide the support I need.  For the time being, my 40Bs will enjoy the Genie support they provide.

This is what they are covering
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=28835.0
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 02:52:08 AM by TomJones »

hammer

Tom, I think it is a good choice for you! I actually use the Magic Genie bra too (very similar) for very, very lite support, still gives a litte without needing the big bra feeling on. Even that little support will slow down the bounce and jumping.

Bob

Offline itsjustabra

• Posting Member
Do you know what I've found to be better than a Genie Bra, it's called the Coobie Bra. It gives better support (in my opinion), and it's very durable. The quality seems to be alot better. Although it is more expensive than the Genie Bra, it costs around $20 a piece when not on sale. if I'm not going to break any forum rules, I can post a link to their website, or you can google it. Either way, i think it might be worth checking out. However, I am glad that you found something that can work for you.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:26:29 PM by itsjustabra »

TomJones

User "gotgyne" pictured a Coobie at

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/30/bra-vs-crop-top-25163/

The only way to purchase one is online either at amazon or
shopcoobie.  No stores carry it.

I will have to check it out.

Thanks,
Tom

Offline gotgyne

Tom, the bra on the left pic is only similar to the Coobie bra, but in fact it's a no-name product. Nevertheless it gives good support.

John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

TomJones

My apologies.  I stand corrected.
Thanks,
Tom

Offline gotgyne

Tom, no problem at all.

For men with large breasts the Glamorise front hook posture back support bra # 1265 could be an option too.

John

hammer

Personally I really like the front hook bras! I couldn't get any my huge big boob size when I had my fitting, but they are great for a little less show if your trying to hide the bra a little!  I'm not worry much anymore about hiding the bra anymore.

The other really nice thing about the front hooks, they are easy to put on!

Bob

Offline gotgyne

Bob, I just looked it up on the Glamorise website. There are several Glamorise front hook bras which go up to cup J.

John

hammer

They just weren't available at the place I was being fitted at, or they may have had them in a minimizer type bra, but I had told my fitter that I didn't want any minimizes!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024