Author Topic: One month to go with levick  (Read 2896 times)

Offline james66

• Posting Member
Guys I'm one month tomorrow from my surgery. Can't wait! As I've said before I'm traveling from northern ireland and doing my consultation the day before my surgery. I was wondering is there anything I should or should not be doing for the next month leading up to the surgery. I've read someone before say not to drink. Also will I get information about the binders I need to purchase for compression or will they be given to me? Thanks in advance

Offline mr_m101

• Bronze Member
If you ask Mr Levick's office, I think they can email you the info booklet you'd normally get at the consultation. From what I remember:-
  • Avoid garlic, tomatoes, vitamin E supplements and aspirin for a couple of weeks before surgery
  • Avoid alcohol for about a week before
  • Take arnica tablets twice daily for a week before
  • The recommended vest is the design veronique 640 from which can be bought from Euro Surgical. I bought a couple of vests from macom-medical instead though (they make the binder)
  • You'll wake up in a binder, so no need to buy one of those :)

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:24:07 PM by rotors »

Offline james66

• Posting Member
Thanks for the help guys. It's getting quite surreal now. I have the money sitting and my flights booked. Have told everyone who needs to know all be it a few lies told but can't wait to get it done. Will have a look at that other website and order my vests 

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
Good luck pal. Keep us updated. 

Offline james66

• Posting Member
Thanks mate. Was nervous all day making the travel over by myself. The 4 and a half grand in my pocket didn't put me much more at ease. But the second I met paul all the tension eased. He is a gentleman! Couldn't have made me any more comfortable and by tomorrow lunch time it will be all over! Make take some pics later on to do a before and after for you all. Time to go to the city centre for a look around head for a meal and soon it will be all over

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
Do they let you pay cash?? Keep us updated pal. Pics would be good. 

Offline james66

• Posting Member
Yea they let you pay cash. And I paid in northern irish notes and it was all no problem. Sitting down for the final meal now. 

Offline mart356

• Posting Member
Yea they let you pay cash. And I paid in northern irish notes and it was all no problem. Sitting down for the final meal now.

good luck :) I was a week ago tomorrow, youre in safe hands all round. 

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
Good luck, it'll be done before you know it. Let us know how you get on!

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:24:23 PM by rotors »

Offline james66

• Posting Member
Sitting in my gown and knew Hugh socks getting ready to be seen between 10 and 10.30 here. All is calm. Laptop is setup watching batman begins. Before photos taken. Am very excited now. Well let you guys know how it goes

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
A belated good luck! You should be out by now and ready to begin your new life!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024