Author Topic: Lipo only?  (Read 2907 times)

Offline theguy

• Posting Member
I've got mild/moderate gyno and I was wondering what would happen if I got lipo only?  Basically, I don't care if it turns out perfect.  I just don't want any scarring around the areolas.  If I went from a 4 to a 7.5 that would be fine with me.   Is it possible to get at least some improvement even if mine is mostly glandular?  Has anyone heard anything more on the sharp cannula approach?  Does it actually work?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Guy....

One question.....  What do the numbers '4' and '7.5' refer to?

To answer your question, Dr. Frank Lista in Mississauga Ontario uses the lipo incision to remove gland. Watch this video where Dr. Lista explains his PAL technique.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline theguy

• Posting Member
Thanks for the advice.  I watched the video with Dr. Lista and that sounds like a great route.  I looked at his website and the befores look similar to my case.   If I can obtain the same results as the people on his website, holy cow!!  After watching the video, his procedure seemed to make sense.  He uses long "scissors" to snip away at the glandular tissue from the lipo incision.  So he's able to get the gland under the nipple without the scarring.  I think I'm going to schedule an appointment.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
nargel is on the money.

I"ve been on these boards for a while now and have read far more negative comments about the removal of glandular tissue by any means other than excision from the areola.

In my opinion, Hamas' "sharp cannula" is a brilliant marketing gimmick that attracts people like you who are reluctant to have their gyne removed for fear of scaring.

Let me get this straight, you don't care if it turns out perfect and you would be fine going from a 4 to a 7.5, but you don't want a tiny scar that may potentially be unnoticeable.  :-/
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 06:02:38 PM by jc71 »

Offline theguy

• Posting Member
Maybe I was off a little bit with my numbers.  Actually, I'm probably more of a 6-7 and want to get to a 8-9.  Plus, its not just the scar.  Sometimes the nipples come out looking a little goofy.  This means that there's no visible scarring but people can tell you still had the surgery.  Watch the video about Dr. Lista posted on this topic a little earlier and tell me what you think.  His method seems more plausible than the lipo alone.   Also, if you don't have real player and don't want to pay $40 just google "free real player" and there are some free versions so you can see the video.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Guy....

One question.....  What do the numbers '4' and '7.5' refer to?

To answer your question, Dr. Frank Lista in Mississauga Ontario uses the lipo incision to remove gland. Watch this video where Dr. Lista explains his PAL technique.

John.

I think he's referring to the size of his gyne, measured in terms of centimeters in diameter.  He looks like he has him numbers backwards.  :-/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 07:29:31 PM by jc71 »

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Guy, listen to me.  I've perused these boards for months, and have had surgery, and I've not once ever heard of anyone being satisfied with lipo-only surgery.  It just does not solve the problem.  

And, as others have stated, don't fall into the trap of the 'sharp cannula' bullshit.  They have to get in there with something and pull the gland out.  I haven't watched the Lista video, so I don't know exactly what that is, but my personal advice would be to find a PS who sucks out the fat via lipo and cuts / pulls the gland out (preferrably through the armpit).
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024