Author Topic: Wanting to have surgery but...  (Read 6705 times)

Offline x_JAMES_x

• Posting Member
I'm really wanting to have this surgery, but I don't know how to come out to my mom and tell her that I want it. I'm 18 years old but still, she's gonna have to know.. so how should I sit down and talk to her about it?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Show your Mom this Site, let her read a while, then tell her that you feel you have Gyne and that you would like the Op.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 06:47:38 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline x_JAMES_x

• Posting Member
I dont know about that she'll think I'm a freak. I think I'm just going to sit her down and have a quick chat with her about it, tell her I'm going to schedule a consultation and go from there.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I dont know about that she'll think I'm a freak. I think I'm just going to sit her down and have a quick chat with her about it, tell her I'm going to schedule a consultation and go from there.

Yes, it is difficult to tell anyone about Gyne. I told a friend at work about my Gyne and that I'm having surgery to remove it. I was hesitant to tell him but I did anyway as I try to be an honest person. He was really cool about it and he said that he knows two other guys who have had Gyne.

I have been on this board since last November and have learned that many guys have Gyne. You are NOT a freak at all  ;). I once thought that also about myself, but now I know better.

Yeah, so sit down with your Mom and tell her about Gyne and that you would like to get the Op. It will be difficult at first, but once you tell her, you will feel much better and hopefully she will be 100% supportive....

Best of Luck! ;)

Offline heartbrokenmom

• Posting Member
This is how my son told me.  He told me about a general Gyne site and told me to read it.  He then told me that he had Gyne.  We talked and he told me he wanted the surgery.  
I had never heard of this so I felt that it helped to read about it.  My son also told me about this board.  

Just tell her how you feel, how painful it is.  Once my son told me, I was able to piece together some of his past behavior. (Not wanting to go to the beach as a teen, he loved it as a kid)

Good Luck.  Mothers do not like to see their kids suffer and this can cause such mental hurt.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Tell your mom you have female breast tissue growth. Than explain how and why you have it.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Oppositions

• Gold Member
  • boys with breasts.. yeah right... whatever!
    • pics pre and post Op
my child.. the easies solution..
you walk up to her and say " mom i want to show you something" ansd then open ur shirt just like that.. thats enough shock.

Offline x_JAMES_x

• Posting Member
She knows that I have it, she just won't say anything about it.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
say how it affects your life. maybe its embarassing but that's the easiest way to do it.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline Oppositions

• Gold Member
    • pics pre and post Op
just tell her that u have to get this op. otherwise each girl friend u will have will dump you because she doesnt want to be a lesbian

Offline 14 yr old surgery 2/18

• Bronze Member
  • 18th=heaven
NO dont say "female breast tissue"...say gynecomastia, and state that is a chest growth and is normal for men/boys in puberty...but for a first-time listener "female breast" sounds verrrryy awkward, when the doctor told my mom this her face when strange and she was very alarmed
Surgery: February 18th, 2005
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Jonathan Lebowitz
Type: Gland only

Offline Oppositions

• Gold Member
    • pics pre and post Op
this is the point, getting them alarmed to take it seriously.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
XJamesX,
If your mom already knows you have it then what's the problem, sounds like you already broke the ice with her.

I agree with oppositions about the girls and lesbians thing.  In fact that's why opps got his removed.  I guess he didn't want each boyfriend he will have to dump him because they don't want to be with a girl.

You made that too easy opps.

Offline Oppositions

• Gold Member
    • pics pre and post Op
jc71, tell me, freak, how many people called you a fat ugly sh-it di-ck head. ::)
if none.. then now u know that ur  one.

Offline x_JAMES_x

• Posting Member
My dad had it when he was a teen.. lucky bastard though it went away within 2 months.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024