Author Topic: 1 Week Pre-Op  (Read 2923 times)

Offline jordan45

• Posting Member
My surgery is on the 17th of March. I am taking vitamin C and I haven't smoked in weeks. Should I avoid alcohol altogether and just take it easy next weekend, or can I still go out for a few drinks?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My surgery is on the 17th of March. I am taking vitamin C and I haven't smoked in weeks. Should I avoid alcohol altogether and just take it easy next weekend, or can I still go out for a few drinks?

Alcohol is a blood thinner and this in not good for Post-Operative bleeding. Best thing to do is to abstain until you have surgery.  ;)

Taking a multivitamin might be a good idea also.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 09:51:17 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline serg

• Silver Member
I agree with Bambu, best to avoid alcohol until about a week or two after the op.

Best of luck with the surgery!

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!

My pre op instructions "vitimen wise" said no

Ginko
garlic
vitimens A, E, D, C   <====
Echinacea
St Johns Wort
Licorice
Herbal Matte
Epherda and Kava
Mega Vitimens
Any herbal supplement or tea

I followed them and had no bleeding or black and blues as you can tell from my pictures below.

I did drink heavly 2 days pre op, but it did not effect it.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
not a vitamin, but you can add aspirin to your list. Unless, that is you're planning on having a heart attack before surgery.  :)

« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 01:58:41 PM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024