Author Topic: Lipo and areola reduction for $200!!!  (Read 4251 times)

Offline avillax

• Posting Member
I need your advice to either YES or NOT do it.

Here is the story, I have small gyno, basically puffy nipples, with both areola about 1.5 inches which bothers me the most.

I live in Guadalajara, Mexico, the country's second biggest city. It is not a ranch as many of you might think, it is very civilized.

I started to look for doctors over the internet, I found a site with doctor search, I searched my area for doctors who perform boob jobs. I chose this doctor because it is in a nice zone of the city where many doctors have their offices, including my uncle.

The clinic is a nice clinic, Not a beverly hills art deco style clinic, but just a normal building, the office is clean, the instruments and forniture looks clean too.

The doctor is young, about 36-40 years old, he was nice guy, he checked me out and said "you are not that bad, I have seen much more worst".

And explained me that there were 2 methods for the opperation, in one I they needed an expert on anestesia to put me to sleep and perform the opperation and it was painless, think the whole thing was $900 for that.

And the other option he said, its giving me anestesia shots in the affected area that hurt a lot but that he thinks I can take it, then he would do some Lipo, and the whole thing would be $150 dlls!.

I said that I also wanted an areola reduction. He said that he would have to do a donut shaped cut and it would leave small scars, but since my skin was very white, the scars wouldn't be to noticeable, plus since I dont have much gyno, they would not stretch that much.
And because of the areola reduction, the whole price would be $200 dlls!!!.

I asked him about his experience, he says that most of his male patients ask for nose jobs or gyno jobs.
And that he performs many boob jobs on women.

He looked very relaxed and took it as if a routine, quick, and easy operation. He does have nice credentials.

I was expecting the operation to be $2000. I know he is basically not having any profit with this, its as if he doesn't  see it as a cosmetic surgery, and he probably gets most of his income from boob and nose jobs probably.

I don't know what to think, it is really cheap, and for that price, he is obviously no interested on making loads of money.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
The only thing I know about Mexico is that I love the food, so I'll not give advice on healthcare there.  I will say that what you said he described seems accurate.  The price is CHEAP, but I would probably ask if he has any before/after pics just for peace of mind.  

I would definitely want to be asleep while that's being done.  I've read posts that say it's pretty bad with local anesthesia.  I would pay the $900 without hesitation just to know I would sleep through the ordeal.

For what it's worth, I'm two weeks post op with areola reduction and I can already tell that the scars will not be very noticeable.  They'll definitely not be as noticeable as the 2 1/2" areolas were!  :D

MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline avillax

• Posting Member
By pretty bad with local anestesia you mean lots of pain?. I want to see those pictures of yours in case you have them, specialy post op. And everybody else please post your comments.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 07:52:38 PM by avillax »

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
i think u need to check this doctors credentials thoroughly. i have heard some horror stories of people getting surgery in mexico. i tend to think if it sounds to good to be true it usualy is. proceed with caution

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
By pretty bad with local anestesia you mean lots of pain?. I want to see those pictures of yours in case you have them, specialy post op. And everybody else please post your comments.

Yes, lots more pain than they expected.  I don't have post op pics yet.  I'm traveling out of the state starting this morning and won't be back until next Monday, but hopefully I'll get a chance to make some pics and get them posted after then.  

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
I would think you'd want general anesthesia if you were to do the areola reduction. Otherwise it might be a little too much to go through.

8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
on the other hand, there was a satisfied customer here or two out of another mexican doc, jaime caloca or something like that, so if he's done other cases it could be a good sign.  if i were doing it for that cheap i'd be tempted once i was confident no followup would be involved to tip the guy big.  in your case i'd say get the works and be glad you could do a deal lots of others can't.  
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 10:10:25 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline avillax

• Posting Member
Well I told my parents, and they freaked out, they actually didn't support me for my Gyno operation because they think I will become like addicted like Michael Jackson.
However they understood they had no option since I had the money, so they sent me to see other surgeon who is friends with my Grandpa who is also a doctor.
This surgeon is really good and has a lot of experience, he is about 70 years old or something.

He checked me out and said that I don't need areola reduction since it is not that big, and with lipo the areola will flatten and shrink in size.

He is charging me $800 for the whole thing, it actually hurted my pocket but he is very good and my family trusts him.
So I am having my operation next week.

Well what can I say, it is still much cheaper than in the U.S. the surgeon is really good, and it is still much cheaper than that guy in Baja.

So if you wanna come visit Mexico, Guadalajara is a nice city to be, and you can get you gyno for 800 with one of the best surgeons. Cheers.

Offline flex1appeal

No way I'd trust a surgeon charging $200 for a surgery. Not that you should gage a surgeon by his price but that seems shady to me. I'd fear waking up with a kidney missing rather than having gyno surgery performed. As for you family friend, that is great! My only concern would be the age of the surgeon. Though I am sure he has many years of experience, his age becomes questionable regarding his steadiness of the hand. That thought would weigh on my mind too.

Offline avillax

• Posting Member
Thank you for your advises. I have already booked my operation to be on monday, my grandpas' friend is a really cool old man, by the way, he also speaks english and has had many american patients as well.

Offline cgyne

• Posting Member
Hola,

Hey I am also from Mexico, but Im located in Mexico City, I have gynecomastia wich I belive is mainly glandula but noticeable I think its around the size of a golf ball on my left and half on my right, I asked around and found www.cirugiaestetica.com.mx he has ginecomastia listed on his page and before and after pics, I have only emailed him and he apears to know what hes doing from the questions he asked me and the questions I asked him and he answered, he asked for like 5 tests and said that if I only needed gland it was around 700-900 dollars but it was around 1 year ago, with local. So that seems to be the price for it in the center zone of México, he insisted I visited him but I am tring to get the money together first an being a student does not help much.

Any ways I hope to hear your experience and see some results  ;)

Espero que respondas, a ver si es el ultimo empujon para que me anime.

Offline avillax

• Posting Member
I also checked that page and the doctor seemed serious, the only problem is that the doctor operates in Mexico city and I am not going there not even on drugs.
But he does seem to have the right credentials, and the price is the right one. Yo que tu lo hacia.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024