Author Topic: Done deal! Fielding surgery complete (Sept 27/06)  (Read 2255 times)

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
Well, just got back from Toronto after having surgery with Dr. Fielding. I must say it is somewhat surreal being in this stage.

I havent' seen the results yet, but Fielding said I would be very pleased. He initially thought that I had about a plum size piece of gland behind the nips. He said that when he went in it was like a spread out grapefruit. SO MUCH GLAND!

So hardly any lipo at all. I didn't have any pain at all upon waking up from the knockout gas (I actually had a pleasant dream I was golfing!)

Spent night in hospital, one more night in hotel, post-op on Friday morn. Flew back today to R & R for a week before returning to work.

I feel stronger and more mobile and capable already (two days post) than I did yesterday for sure.

I will post pics when I remove the foam padding this coming Wednesday. Can't wait to see results. I also had a scar on my forehead fixed and it looks good too. Fielding double-whammy special ;)

Here's a little breakdown of how I'd rate my experience altogether.

Travel: Easy, cab from airport about 40 bucks to Sheraton 4 points. 8 bucks to St. Joe's.

Accomodation:
4 points hotel very nice, lots of pillows for that post surgery 30 degree sleep. Frustrating ppv movie system. Terrible soup, mediocre food, in room service and restaurant. Order out, not from sheraton kitchen. Just greek lamb roast very good!

Hospital Staff:
Very friendly, helpful and polite.

Fielding's staff:
From Fielding to the anesthetist everyone was very reassuring and made it easy in the OR. We just shot the shizzle until I went under, very cool!

Hospital wait time:
I waited NINE hours for my op. Got there at 11:30, pushed back and back and back, went in at 8:45pm. BRUTAL! Almost didn't get in, was quite worried as I'd already taken time off work etc. and the next foreseeable time to get the op would be 6 months to a year down the road.
Luckily everything worked out, JCF assured me they'd take their time with it.

Recovery Process:
Only 3  days in it feels as though I didnt really have anything done. I can tell in a week I'll be able to work, lifting heavy objects is a bit dicey, but overall I feel great.

Didn't take a single painkiller and am glad about that.

I have my tensor and underarmour shirt ready to go as soon as the foam comes off. No itching thus far, can get in and out of t-shirts with a bit of clever maneuvering.

Outlook to the future:
Rosy! Cant' wait to heal up and hit the gym. Should swelling occur once I take the tensor off I"m prepared for it and reassured by JCF that all will be well.

I DO recommend having someone be there to help you back home or to your hotel. Thankfully my dear momma (the only other person than Fielding who knew what I had done) was there to assist me and it was a good thing for sure on the first day out.

Hope this helps someone, thanks to everyone for YOUR pre-op reassurance.

I look forward to possibly becoming one of those wise old boobless dudes on this board who can perhaps help those who are yet to begin THEIR new life as a gyne-free dude.

cheers,

ceo

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
chopemoff....

Congrats on your surgery dude.

Welcome to the 'Other Side'....  ;)

Wishing you a fast recovery.

Yeah, I have heard that the 4 points Lakeshore has crappy food. Best to order in a pizza.   ::)

John.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 05:13:46 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline gynecomaster

• Posting Member
Congratulations dude! I'm 10 days post op and feel amazing. And the results were more than I could have ever dreamed of. Unlike you, I got to the hospital at 11:30am and they made me go into surgery 20mins later!!!...I actually felt rushed a bit. But all in all, I pretty much had a pleasant experience. I took off my pads last wednesday and I was really amazed. My chest looks phenomenal...I'm swelling but it is really really minor...the look of swelling comes nowhere near the look of the gland. Sweling makes my chest look bigger a bit...but it doesn't make you nipples stick out like gyne. So anyway...all the best and happy healing!

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
thanks dude! got any before/afters you can post? I've been patient waiting 3 more days to get these foamies off...

getting antsy for the result tho. fielding says it's good, I trust that mofo.

can't wait to see some flat nips up in this house! I think the foamies are giving me the illusion that my pecs still stick out, but now it's just the muscle I've worked to put on after the last 4 years of working out, and not the gland.

hope all continues to roll along for ya brutha.

ceo

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024