Author Topic: Lump around nipple not under...?  (Read 4245 times)

Offline cujo2527

• Posting Member
Well since high school I have had the puffy nipples and what seems to be gyne. I have been up and down with weight issues, never obese, but overweight ranging from 20-40lbs so the gyne has always been there.

My main question is, and I have noticed this in the past my left seems to be more sensitive, sometimes aches for a few days....however this isnt often, sometimes maybe once a year or more. I would always worry about a tumor and things like that so I would check, I definitely have hard little bumps or discs beneath the nipple.

Recently I have noticed on the left, right about the nipple but still touching the aerola is a hard spot or lump, I think its sore sometimes but for the most part not. When that nipple is sore or aches sometimes its from the bottom. Beyond that no other symptoms, so im wondering when I lift my arm to do typical breast cancer check am I mainly feeling the lump associated with gyne etc..? but it just happens to pull up higher above the nipple as opposed to the right?.

Sorry for the lengthy descriptions but I like to be thorough and dont want to freak out everytime something feels strange with the gyne. If it makes a difference I am 27.

Thanks for any info!

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Hard gland tissue can feel like you described.  I'm not sure about feeling it above the nipple when you raise your arms.  At any rate you should get checked out by an endocrynologist for hormone imbalances.  If you feel that the lump is actually not gland tissue, but something else, then you should have that checked out as well.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There is a wide range of difference with respect to sensitivity. Generally, women have more sensitive breats than men; but not always. From our differing responses, my wife and I are of the belief that my breasts may actually be more sensitive that hers.

Pain is another matter.  A young girl may have considerable breast pain when her breasts are growing. For a man or boy, Breast pain should be enough reason to see the Doctor.
Grandpa Dan

Offline cujo2527

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replies.

One, I can be quite a hypocondriac so first thing I think is im in that small percentage that could be cancer or something.

Two, I work on the computer ALOT and have caught myself leaning on that elbow for the past week or so for long hours. I am now trying to figure out if its muscle soreness as parts of my arm and side have had some aching.

Either way im going to get it checked out for sure. It just a awkward dull pain, it goes away but I can just sense it and I keep checking the lump. Sometimes it doesnt seem like anything more then tissue being part of the gyne. The thing is its not DIRECTLY behind the nipple on that side, its more under the aerola and part of it just above.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 05:39:20 PM by cujo2527 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024