Author Topic: Still have scar lumps and soreness after a year?  (Read 3985 times)

Offline Bookseller

• Posting Member
  • Lap Band 3/2006, losing weight FAST.
I had surgery with a doctor in Bellevue, WA, last July (11 months ago.)  I still have significant soreness and "achy" areolas.  I also have about a 5mm lump of tissue to the left of and below my left areola.  Dr says it's scar tissue, and he can remove it in a few months if it is still there.  It worries me, though, because of my pervasive phobia of male breast cancer (I know it's very rare.)

Anyone else have sore areolas and scar lumps after many months??
"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, to them he gave the right to become children of God" --John 1:12

Offline removethese

• Posting Member
Scar tissue can be uncomfortable and in some cases, painful, so maybe that's the problem.

But 11 months out, you probably shouldn't be in pain.  Sometimes pain in the subareolar region can be related to glandular growth.  Did you have your hormone levels checked prior to the surgical procedure?

Breast cancer is unlikely, but I suggest you see a doctor, and hopefully he'll refer you to an imaging center for a mammogram and / or ultrasound.

Good luck.

Offline soozl

• Posting Member
Hey Bookseller,

I have a similar situation.  I am not in pain, but after 6 months I still have a large amount of scar tissue.  Which causes a slight indentation of the nipple.  I'm not complaining though, considering i'd rather have a slight indent when flexing than a breast.

I only had surgery on my left nipple, and after the surgery i suffered from massive bleeding and had to be kept in the hospital for about 10 hours until it was controlled.  I think that this plays a large role in my scar tissue buildup.  I remember waking up out of general and having about 4 nurses trying to control the bleeding and injecting me with all sorts of pain killers because they were pressing so hard to get it to clot.

Well, 6 months later I still have a good amount of HARD scar tissue, I think that some of it has adheared to the pectoral muscle.   Only two days ago did I start messaging it.  Which, I was I would have found out earlier because my doctor said that it would resolve on its own, apparently that is not the case.  

How long does it take for this shit to go away?
Will it ever?
Do i need to spend another 5,000 to get the scar tissue removed?
It has been six months, and to be honest I am not happy with the results.  I expected to have my nipple look somewhat normal not indented.

I work out alot, that has done nothing to improve the chest.  Just made my right puffy nipple more noticable.

Offline curious

• Posting Member
It is very unlikely to have breast cancer after a mastectomy because the surgeon already took the gland out, and breast cancers usually arise from glandular tissue. Just keep massaging the tissue and keeping it compressed. Kind of crappy to just sit there rubbing your boob (I know), but do what you have to.

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Hey guys got the same prob, scar tissue 5 months and still makes the areola puffy.....Not the way I was told and I am also wondering if this will get better on its own or are all these Ps's a bunch of a holes.........We all have this in common and why should we suffer more even after a OP...................
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
cancer is not an infection!!! its a mutation!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024