Author Topic: reduce swelling?  (Read 19846 times)

Offline freelife123

Hi

I just had lipo (removed 300 ml from each breast) last tuesday. after the surgery, the doc said my chest was almost flat but now there is reasonable amount of swelling. he says this can take anytime between 1 to 3 months to go away.

I am wearing a compression vest for about 8-10 hrs every day. I have read about massaging the breasts before sleeping? has anyone had any positive results with this?

I also wanted to know if anyone has used ice to reduce the swelling?

thanks a lot guys!
this forum is great!!

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
I had lipo only.  I wore the vest 24/7 for the first week then underarmour 24/7 for 3 more weeks.  At 6 weeks I am still too sore to massage.  I wouldn't need to however, since there is no swelling at all.

Offline Nightmare

• Posting Member
I had lipo only.  I wore the vest 24/7 for the first week then underarmour 24/7 for 3 more weeks.  At 6 weeks I am still too sore to massage.  I wouldn't need to however, since there is no swelling at all.
so it takes 6 weeks for the swelling to completely go down for you ?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 05:44:35 PM by Nightmare »

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
Fresh pineapple (not canned), arnica tablets and arnica cream all help to reduce swelling.  ;)
Had surgery with Dr. Karidis (London, UK) on 23rd July. Wearing tight t-shirts and looking forward to going swimming!

My experience so far & updates:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18200.msg126755#msg126755

Pictures:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18539.msg127741#msg127741

Offline Nightmare

• Posting Member
Fresh pineapple (not canned), arnica tablets and arnica cream all help to reduce swelling.  ;)
not sure how effective the arnica pills that was given to me, but the swelling did reduce alot from day 1 to day 4. I'm going to get the arnica gel later tonight.
How effective  is eating a pineapple? anyone in here that swore by it?

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
How would the people taking pineapple/arnica KNOW if it was reducing swelling? Maybe thier body would've reacted the same way without? As most people are only having surgery the one time they don't have any other experiences to compare to - they don't have a benchmark for what is "normal swelling".

I did have a quick look around google and found that Arnica and an enzyme inside pineapples (Bromelain) have both shown success in clinical trials in reducing swelling. At the end of the day Arnica and pineapples are both pretty cheap (especially in comparison to the price of the surgery  ;D) so I plan to take them just incase. :)

Offline Redman88

• Posting Member
I'll go buy some Arnica before my surgery, i hurt my thumb boxing a few years back and Arnica helped so much with the swelling, i didn't even know you could get it in pill form!
Surgery booked for July 27th 2009, can't wait!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024