Author Topic: Dr. Bermant, Virginia  (Read 5638 times)

Offline Arkatakor

• Posting Member
Having surgery with Dr. Bermant on Thursday the 9nth.  Will keep you guys posted on the result.  Will also show before and after pics accordingly.

Offline Arkatakor

• Posting Member
Ok guys, quick follow up - sofar the results are excellent, virtually no bruising.  The correct amount of glandular tissue was extracted from each nipple (they were not symetrical in size) and a lot of lipo was performed (100cc on one side and 150cc on the other if I remember correctly).  I did not feel any nausia at all that day, even though I was informed that this would be the case.

Visually, even when wearing a shirt, the results were instantanous as of when I left the surgery room.  I look like I had been "flattened" according to one of my parents.  From the previous testemonies / pics, I was actually expecting these results, but not as of day one, with virtually no bruising or swelling.  I say this because I often read that some people did not notice any difference at all right after surgery because of the swelling that increased the breast size temporarily.  Not in my case.

I have yet to see the final result though as I still have these white pads on my nips.  That will be done on Friday the 17nth.  Sofar the contouring of my chest is great so we should have to see on Friday once everything is off.

As far as pain killers are concerned, I only took the light ones (off the counter medicine) and not the heavy ones that Dr Bermant persrcibes.  As of day 3 I have been off pain killers completely feeling virtually no pain.  That is pretty good considering that I have had my chest carved out with a knife...

Not sure on how to post the pics though so I wish I could show more.  Will probably figure it out by the end of the week and will do the posting accordingly.

Offline abcde

• Posting Member
What was the total cost for the surgery?

Offline Arkatakor

• Posting Member
What was the total cost for the surgery?

The whole procedure, including consultations, surgery, compression vest and all set me back 6.2K.  This is everything inclusive.  Will try and find a way to post some pics.

Offline abcde

• Posting Member
6.2k sounds kinda expensive...stated on his website surgery started at $2800. Can you cut down what the other costs are? I want to get my surgery done with Dr. Bermant also, but i can't afford 6.2k since i am a college student. How serious was your condition? Thanks for the help.

Offline disarm

• Posting Member
$2800 is for the mildest case (meaning simple skinny dude with puffy nips or something around those lines) and that would just be the surgeons fee. you still have to pay for the anesthisiologist and for the operating room fee which would bring it close to 4 or 5k after those fees are thrown in. the more complex the op the higher the price... 6k ain't that bad... that's more or less what most gyne ops he does run about... mines gonna be quite a bit more than that, but then again I'm not having a simple gyne op, its alot more complex...

Offline milk_caps

• Posting Member
how bad was your gyne ?

are you over weight  ? or was it mostly gland ?

Offline Arkatakor

• Posting Member
Here were the exact specs that I paid for as per the bill they sent me:

Surgeons Fee:            $4400.00
Surgical Garment:      $95.00
Facility Fee:            $975.00
Anesthesia Fee:            $825.00

Total:                  $6295.00

Like I mentioned I had 100cc taken out on one side and 150cc on the other.  I guess surgeons fee is subject to degree of problem but cannot confirm that.  My gyne was bilateral as in requiring both glandular excision and lipo.  It was definately noticable thru a t shirt.  Again, will try and figure out my way on those pics...

Offline abcde

• Posting Member
Do you know of any other surgeons in VA? I would love to get surgery from Dr.Bermant, but I don't think I can afford it. I can't afford anymore than 5k.

Offline Arkatakor

• Posting Member
@abcde

I would probe him to find out - it could be that your surgeon fee is less then mine.  I think his surgeons fee is subject to variation based on the degree of the gyne.  

I was diagnosed with "3rd degree gyne" according to him.  I don't know how many degrees there are.

@milk_caps

no, I am not overweight - quite on the contrary.  When I beefed up my pecs last year the gyne became even more obvious, hence my decision for surgery.

Offline mack86

where is Dr. Bermant located in VA?

Offline abcde

• Posting Member
somewhere in richmond I believe, its about a 2hrs drive from washington D.C

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024