Author Topic: 3 days post op; terrible pain in chest and back from lying on it, any suggestion  (Read 2612 times)

Offline rich19007

• Posting Member
Most of the stories I have read on here state that there is minimal pain and soreness and some people are back to work in a few days.  I can hardly move.  My chest is terribly sore and my back is killing me from lying on it too much.  It is 4 something in the morning right now and I can not sleep becasue i can not lay in my back.  Has anybody else had this problem?

Offline flex1appeal

I must say that was one of the difficult aspects of post op. Not being able to lay on my side or stomach and always having to lay on my back. I had to for about 2-3 weeks. I was sore but never in pain. The worst soreness for me occurred at about day 3 like you are experiencing. It got better again by day 5 or 6 and progressively less soreness as the days past. No one said it wasn't uncomfortable. Just pain was minimal. There is an aweful lot of discomfort though

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
didn't your doctor give you any pain medicine, call him up and ask him if you can still take it, or may be a Tylenol atleast. be patient the result will be much sweeter. by the way is this your first surgery?

Offline rich19007

• Posting Member
Yes, he actually prescribed me percasets.  This is my first suurgery, and hopefully the last. 

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
I went through the same thing (since I'm used to sleeping on my stomach and have a generally bad back).  Try turning just a little bit to your side (about 45 degrees or so); it helped me sleep better.  I'm now in my 3rd week and I'm starting to sleep on my stomach again and it's getting less and less painful.  You'll be there soon!  Feel better
Surgery Date: Jan 9, 2007
Dr. H. Ukani, Vancouver, BC
Pre/post pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gynecomastia/

Offline rich19007

• Posting Member

Offline Billy88

• Posting Member

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i sleep on my back, but everyone tells me i'm weird anyway. 

is there any chance a memory foam mattress would help?  i got one for just normal sleep and like it a lot.  if you get a good deal you might find one for just under a hundred, like a 1.5 - 2 inches.  f.w.i.w. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024