Author Topic: Swelling after 2 months post-op?  (Read 2346 times)

Offline mtl99

• Posting Member
Hi Guys, it's been almost 2 months now, I'm extremely happy with the results so far. I'd say 80-90% of sensation has come back to my nips, and any discomfort from rotating my arms has pretty much dissipated. One thing that is a bit weird is that sides are still a bit swollen, and my right side seems more swollen. When I wake up in the morning my chest is totally flat, and then swells up later. Also, if I sleep on my side and then move back onto my back it's a weird feeling, like there is a movement of liquid.

I'm totally aware that my body is still healing itself where I can't see, i.e. underneath my skin, however I'm wondering how long until my chest is the same as it is when I first wake up in the morning? I.e. how long does all this liquid (whatever the medical term is) take to dissipate?--which really means "how long until my body is fully healed?"

Also, on another topic, what do most of you do with artifacts from your op? I still have my vest tucked away, and I put all "evidence" of my op (i.e. documents) in a plastic bag that I also have tucked away...It's kind of weird, it really marks a new direction in my life (which is worth keeping a record of), but at the same time it's kind of bizarre (esp. the vest), so I think I'll throw it away soon...

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I’m a little further down the line than you at 3 months post op and I still have swelling that occasionally comes and goes especially after massaging.  However the liquid sloshing around inside, stopped for me at about 6 weeks.  I note your point about your chest seeming flatter in the mornings though.  I have noticed that too and wondered if it was fluid building up during the day and being absorbed naturally by the body as we rest at night.

As for when will you be totalled healed?  Well how long is a piece of string?  I’m working on 12 months hopefully, but I have heard it can be longer to get the final result.  Everyone heals differently and at different speeds so I don’t think there is a hard and fast rule.

Finally, I read a post on here a while ago about a chap who went for revision surgery at about a year post op and regretted throwing his compression vests away.  I’m hanging onto mine for a year .. just in case.   ;)
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024