Author Topic: eh..where to start  (Read 1889 times)

Offline danosaurx

I was danosaur, havent posted in a while and I cant log on so I had to reregester.

But anyway, I have been going to the gym to try to lower by BF.  I have a high BF% genetically, which sucks, but I get over it.  All the fat collects in my upper body.  I am almost 90% sure that I have a gland case because I can feel what is muscle, what feels like hard lumps connected under the nipple area, and what is fat.  Wearing clothes is hard and uncomfortable. 

My question is: What is the first step into getting it fixed.  First talk to my regular doctor and get referred to a PS? Does anyone have any good "excuses" to getting insurance to pay for some?

Hope you guys can help, Thanks!

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
When I asked my doctor, he had no idea what I was talking about. So, if you think you have it, you probably have it, especially if you feel gland. I was surprised how fast the whole process is. Contact a few local PS's. Set up consutations, probably a month wait. See who you like best. Choose your doctor, probably have to wait a month for a surgery date. I've heard of Blue Cross Blue Shield (something or other) insurance may pay for the surgery. I think you have to be in good shape, such as skinny but big nipples to have a chance. Not really sure though, even on the name of the insurance.

Offline danosaurx

Well I am by not obese by any standards, I look athletic, I probably will drop a few %'s in body fat and see how I look.  I just get depressed when I cant wear just 1 T shirt, cause it just looks funny, ya no?

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
I have not heard of many cases where this type of surgery is covered by insurance. Is a cosmetic procedure, plain and simple. Don't go to your GP because they don't understand gynecomastia at all. My GP told me I need to loose weight!! I went straight to the PS, he took out the gland by excision and lipo and now I look just fine. Allot happier with life....Surgery costs between $4-8k approximately...Financing is available. I used care credit....I don't give a shit if I have to make payments, I'm happy too!! Life is more enjoyable, beach, more confident around women,etc...Self-esteem is through the roof...Good luck  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024