Author Topic: Surgery Diary - What happened and What Didn't Happen  (Read 2710 times)

Offline false_hope

Hello everyone, after seeing a thread were someon decided to write down what happened during their Surgery Experience I decided to write my own too.

Introduction
My Gynecomastia case: I'd rate it a 3/10,mostly puffy nipples, very noticable with certain t-shirts, shirtless it just looks weird. Will post Pre-op/post op pics later.

Total Cost of Surgery :About $2100 and that includes everything.
Procedure: Removal of excessive gland tissue.
Cause : Most probably Genetic

I've had this condition since I was about 11, I am now 16.

First Day (Saturday 11th August 2007)

Arrived at the hospital(20mins drive), my mum talked to the receptionist etc and I went into my room. I got comfortable, starting reading my book until the surgeon came. He took pictures, told me to put on the surgery garment thingy and get into my bed. The took me to the operating theatre, general anaesthetic and I was out after 3 seconds(this was one of the amazing things ive ever experienced)

Time: 11.15am to 2pm.
I woke up, saw my mum and the first thing I said to her was to get out of here cos I need to get surgery done! They took me to my room, put in my bed and I felt extremely groggy for the first 1 hour and a half, but NO pain AT ALL. After 2 hours I was watching some tv, talking to my mum/dad/grandmother like normal. I had some water after that, everything was fine. I had my first meal(some soup,sandwiches and bubblegum flavoured jelly ;D ;D) I went home at about 5.30pm, feeling great. At home everything was normal really, felt a bit groggy there and then. Went to bed at about 3am(normal sleeping pattern, don't worry sleeping is easy)

Second Day (Sunday 12 August 2007)

Feeling great, not groggy at all. Had a nice breakfast, and basically spent the whole day playing on my computer. The bandage is VERY itchy though! I tried all of the tshirts I wouldnt even DARE wearing before...I look great  ;D I went over to my cousin's house...he also said I looked good!

Third Day (Monday 13 August 2007)

Again, feeling great, no pain. I went walking from 7.45pm til 8.45pm, and I was ok. I really needed to get out of the house.

Every day til now has been like Monday. The follow-up appointment is scheduled for tuesday coming, where I'll ask my surgeon for the pre op pic he took of me and so he'll take a post op pic.

Good luck to everyone doing this surgery.

Offline false_hope

I live in Malta and the Surgeon was Dr.Xavier Darmanin.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024