Author Topic: Done and Done  (Read 5122 times)

Offline Costanza

• Posting Member
Well I just ripped off my bandages and foam padding to see the final results and I am very pleased.  I am now in the possession of a normal looking chest which is all I ever asked for.  Things are still a bit swollen and I must say, I was in no pain at all until I ripped off the foam pads.  Holly shit did that hurt.  Word of the wise; Consider shaving your chest before your surgery.  I'm a pretty hairless guy but what little hair I did have on my chest is now on the foam pads.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I was in no pain at all until I ripped off the foam pads.  Holly shit did that hurt.  Word of the wise; Consider shaving your chest before your surgery.  I'm a pretty hairless guy but what little hair I did have on my chest is now on the foam pads.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I have enough chest hair that I know it would be painfull if it were ripped out. So.... I will shave prior to my surgery.

I'm surprised that the hospital staff don't shave your chest prior to surgery.  ???
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 03:00:18 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline scottg

• Posting Member
where did you get your surgery done?

Offline hoser

• Posting Member
If you haven't ever shaved your chest before, beware!  I did it once years ago and the itching as it grew back in was so bad it kept me awake at night.  And that was with nothing stuck to my chest.  For me, having the hair grow back under the bandages would be torture and the itching caused by the bandages was bad enough.  You might even get ingrown hairs.  I think this is why they don't shave the whole area at the hospital.  A few moments of pain is better than days of itching, IMHO.  

Did anyone here shave before going in?  

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dr. Fielding suggested not to shave before surgery as the itching would be worse than the brief pain of the hairs being ripped out by the bandages. Well, we'll see. I have shaved my chest before and the itching wasn't all that bad.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024